Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Pro X 750's in an 04 VLX

Faceplant409

What do I need to plumb Pro X 750's into my stock ballast system?

I think its (6) 3/4" quick releases and (6) 3/4" elbows. I think that's what Jason (Wakeside) emailed me a few months ago. I can't find the email...

Is this right?

Thanks, Pat

YA! Come on JERK, errr... I mean Pat. Keep up will ya. All us '04 guys have already ordered the fat sacs.

BTW - you just missed the extra 15% off for ordering the sacs at wakeside - I think the sale ended yesterday. Just becuase your business is going gangbusters that doesn't mean you should spend so much time away from the site. See what it's costing you?!

I just ordered my 750's on Friday Tongue.gifTease.gif

YA! Come on JERK, errr... I mean Pat. Keep up will ya. All us '04 guys have already ordered the fat sacs.

BTW - you just missed the extra 15% off for ordering the sacs at wakeside - I think the sale ended yesterday. Just becuase your business is going gangbusters that doesn't mean you should spend so much time away from the site. See what it's costing you?!

OK smarty pants, what-did-ja use fer fittings to hook up to the stock plumbing???

<sheesh, can't a guy ask a simple question???? Youz guyz is vicious...> Dontknow.gif

"gangbusters...." I don't know about that, BUT I am almost as worn out as Rosie O'Donnel's fork...

Patrick

So you taking out the hard tanks?

Not to hijack the thread but:

Thinking about having a custom bag made (16" wide x 19" tall and 42" or so) Not sure if wouldn't be easier to just put the Vdrive bags in tho. Trying to weight the crap out of it to surf, btw.

Scott

Hi Scott,

My understanding from Andy's post is that the Fly High 750 would fit in your back locker. No need to take out the stock tanks.

I bough the set of vdrive bags at first and tried several different configurations -- for our boat (06 Vride), the best was with both vdrive bags in the back locker on top of each other. Thats when I decided to buy just one 750lb sac.

With the stock tank full we now just throw a 750 back there. Gives a great surf wake - just my wife in the boat driving. When we add a few more people in the back corner, just gets better from there.

Man, if you're as worn out as Rosie's fork you must be making a million!

That's awesome.

Check that thread LINKed above. One of the last posts Tracie gives the specific connections. At least that's what I bought, the sacs are on back order until tomorrow (I bought the red ones. I'm guessing they are being made, not really on back order, and being shipped from Fly-Hi direct.) I'll let you know next week if the fittings I bought worked out. I'm going to try and make it work WITH the existing tanks / pumps / vent lines.

We'll see...

Sweet! Thanks for the information! If you are able to fill it up all the way, that would push about 1000# in the back corner. Plus the center ballast, plus the bow and wedge. That should do it! ;-)

The 750# is 20x20x50 and that is certainly larger than MY rear locker measures, but am sure the expanding bag will fully occupy the available space.

How do you have it hosed in? Am thinking of putting a set of quick connects inline somehow on both sides with appropriate valving, etc...so I can throw the SAME 750# from side to side, rather than put a 750# in each compartment.

Input again greatly appreciated!

Scott

Hi Scott,

My understanding from Andy's post is that the Fly High 750 would fit in your back locker. No need to take out the stock tanks.

I bough the set of vdrive bags at first and tried several different configurations -- for our boat (06 Vride), the best was with both vdrive bags in the back locker on top of each other. Thats when I decided to buy just one 750lb sac.

With the stock tank full we now just throw a 750 back there. Gives a great surf wake - just my wife in the boat driving. When we add a few more people in the back corner, just gets better from there.

Looking forward to hearing how it all works for you!!!

Keep us updated...

Scott

Man, if you're as worn out as Rosie's fork you must be making a million!

That's awesome.

Check that thread LINKed above. One of the last posts Tracie gives the specific connections. At least that's what I bought, the sacs are on back order until tomorrow (I bought the red ones. I'm guessing they are being made, not really on back order, and being shipped from Fly-Hi direct.) I'll let you know next week if the fittings I bought worked out. I'm going to try and make it work WITH the existing tanks / pumps / vent lines.

We'll see...

Andy,

Just for grins, see if you can measure the amount of water in the bag before you put into the locker and again after you get it wedged in between the bulkhead and the hard tank/table. See if you can settle the opinions about if it will fill in the locker completely.