Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lets hear about your boating accidents.

gonorth

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRAGONFLYPRINCESS

• gonorth

• VinRLX

• Big Dubya

Moral of the story....don't run out of gas on the lake in the middle of the night unless you've got naked chicks on your boat.

OR. . .if you've got naked chicks on your boat, be sure to pull the "ran out of gas" routine. :)

Plus1.gif

I don't have many stories of my own, but my dad has some great ones.

This is one of my favorite...my dad was in Jr. high school and they had just got a new boat (tri-hull outboard) His family of 4 was out with another family of 4 and they had their dog also. This was the maidon voyage and my grandfather was driving the boat. The launched on the local river about 200 yards upriver from the bridge. They were just ideling around, and there were 4 people in the bow moving about and standing up. My grandpa couldn't see and he was pre occupied by the engine, my grandmother, and the dog....and all of the sudden the people in the bow started to yell and BAM. They ran right into the bridge ROFL.gif Their boat was damaged pretty good, but no one was hurt. The really funny thing is that he had probably clocked in 500+ hours in that exact same spot over the years

To see how HARD it would be to hit the bridge, here is a picture.They hit the middle one, cause the closest bridge wasn't there years ago IIRC.

Not an accident, but a funny story none the less. I was pretty young but I remember being scared to death! We were at detroit in our 1979 18ft Sea Ray Crazy.gif and the hydrolic lines burst. The boat was stored at the sportsmans club (on the far side of the island) and we were down by the dam. It was a busy weekend afternoon and the lake was white caps. We couldn't go fast becauase the bow shoot up in the air (the faster you went the further up the outdrive went) , and we couldn't putt back because the waves were big. So my dad decided to go fast and hope that the boat didin't flip Crazy.gif I remember holding on to the dash and thinking I was going to fly out the back Shocking.gif We all rode up front and I swear the boat was at like a 70* angle :lol:

How about this one, a university ski team in Wisconsin got their new lease boat at the start of the fall semester this year. They switched from bou and got a Mastercraft this year, fully decked out with all the options possible. Mid way thru the fall season an oil hose blows and the local dealer doesn't have the part so they are down for like 2 days waiting for a new hose to ship in. The new hose arrives and it's the wrong one, down again.

Priceless. Should have stayed with Malibu.

Years ago a buddy hit a rock ON SHORE while I was skiing. There were 2 observers in the boat at the time - the driver and the spotter. We were all maybe 15. It seemed to happen pretty quickly. My hand signals were very emphatic but apparently not well-understood.... Shocking.gif