Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Isotta Steering Wheel/ Throttle knob....

spinxt

I looked at this too a couple of years ago and found the same thing. Keep in mind these will be Isotta branded accessories, and won't have the Malibu decal on them (which you'll end up having to order from a dealer anyway).

Keep in mind that all of this research was related to the old Isotta wheel, not the new 25th anniversary version.

At one point I looked into this & all of the sources that I found that carry similar & the same wheels just as much money as the dealer. Maybe that's changed, I don't know. IIRC, Livorsi Marine is one such retailer.

Get Livorsi's print catalog sent to you (free). They have ALL kinds of wheels and knobs from Isotta, Momo, Dino and others. They have some cool stuff! Yahoo.gif

livorsi.com

Edited by skistud1
  • 2 months later...
Anyone know where I can pick up an Isotta steering wheel/ throttle knob (besides the dealer)? I imagine the dealer would rape me on price.....

I know this is an old thread, but anyways. I found some steering wheels here.

http://www.ltbmotorsport.com/isva.html

Not a bad price, but no Malibu emblem in the middle. Another cool thing is they have different colors. Pretty sweet.

Edited by areamike
  • 2 weeks later...
Anyone know where I can pick up an Isotta steering wheel/ throttle knob (besides the dealer)? I imagine the dealer would rape me on price.....

I bought my shift knob off Ebay. I found a dealer in NC that is selling all kinds of Isotta stuff. The auction said buy it now for $45 plus $10 shipping or best offer. I offered him $35 shipped and he took it. Surprised.gifYahoo.gif

He has steering wheels also.

Here's the link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ISOTTA-Shif...1QQcmdZViewItem

I bought my shift knob off Ebay. I found a dealer in NC that is selling all kinds of Isotta stuff. The auction said buy it now for $45 plus $10 shipping or best offer. I offered him $35 shipped and he took it. Surprised.gifYahoo.gif

He has steering wheels also.

Here's the link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ISOTTA-Shif...1QQcmdZViewItem

Sweet. Thanks for the link. Yeah this guy has it all. And he has the same exact Isotta Steering wheel I was looking for:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Isotta-Stee...63657QQtcZphoto

Now to find out if I need the hug adapter... :)

I recently bought a throttle knob from LTB. I suspect that the new knob will not stay on the shift lever, as presently constituted. Onamission pointed me to a thread where SunriseH20skier bought a female threaded hex standoff to use as an insert. I haven't had much luck finding a hex standoff to fit as an insert (I believe that the thread size is 3/8-24), but I like SunriseH20skier's idea.

Why is it everyone of the Isotta wheel distributors I have came across do not have the hub adapter to put the wheel into a Malibu?? Every single one I have contacted says "Sorry I do not have an adapter to put these wheels in boats" Crazy.gif

Edited by areamike
I recently bought a throttle knob from LTB. I suspect that the new knob will not stay on the shift lever, as presently constituted. Onamission pointed me to a thread where SunriseH20skier bought a female threaded hex standoff to use as an insert. I haven't had much luck finding a hex standoff to fit as an insert (I believe that the thread size is 3/8-24), but I like SunriseH20skier's idea.

Here's the post you are referring to. As I indicated then, I'm pretty sure it is a metric thread. I got mine at McMaster, but I don't see where they carry anything in metric thread size any longer. If you take your OEM throttle knob to a good hardware store, you should be able to confirm the size. (Your local ACE may not carry a sufficient selection of metric sizes.)