Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Advice when considering a "Demo Boat"?

jjhoops22

Hi everyone, 

Hoping I can get some advice or thoughts on purchasing a boat this fall that is currently used as a demo boat. We are looking at a 2020 22 LSV that they expect will have +/- 200 hours. This has been appealing to us given how much cheaper it will be as opposed to buying the same boat brand new. 

Curious what you all think and am open to suggestions. We are not set on this approach and are also considering looking for used 2019 22 LSV or even 2018 23 LSV. 

Thanks in advance!

Edited by jjhoops22

I would consider the price delta between the 22 and a 23 first. A boat foot is a lot more space than a car foot and you will never regret the space or the better resale value. The only issue with a bigger boat for most is lake restrictions or garage restrictions. IMO the hours are really not a factor given the MY's in question. I like the 2020 layout of the dash better than my 19, but that's personal preference. From what I have been seeing and reading, you might have to jump on what ever is available real quick. I have never seen my dealer so empty of new and used boats regardless of the manufacturer or the type. My dealer sells Malibu/Axis/CC and Crest pontoons and there lot is empty.