Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

White Anchor Light for Skylon Tower

Gordo

I would like to permanently mount my (white) anchor light on top of my OEM Skylon tower. I asked the Skylon guys and they said their new towers have that as standard now, but that the unit will not fit on my older tower (2004 VLX). The factory rep said their was someone out there who sold an aftermarket unit that fits my tower but he did not know who it was. Anyone know?????

PS - I do not want to try fabricating something Biggrin.gif

this is somewhat related. i purchased the titan tower anchor light last summer and despite the reviews i am not happy with it.

the lens cap on top of the unit came off while driving thru some chop, of course it bounced into the lake. I thought I did not have it properly attached to the base and ordered another one. I was very careful attaching the lens cap but it still came off, fortunately it landed in the boat this time.

Edited by Cervelo
What you need is somethin' cool like this... and call it done. Many can attest to the performance at night, and you can't even tell that it is ugly :unsure:

Actually, that may not be a bad solution!!! Is that one of those battery operated lights?? At least I would not have to run wiring through the tower!!! Biggrin.gif

this is somewhat related. i purchased the titan tower anchor light last summer and despite the reviews i am not happy with it.

the lens cap on top of the unit came off while driving thru some chop, of course it bounced into the lake. I thought I did not have it properly attached to the base and ordered another one. I was very careful attaching the lens cap but it still came off, fortunately it landed in the boat this time.

I saw these....They are for a Titan tower, and I assumed they would not work on a Skylon. Did you mount this on a Skylon tower????

What you need is somethin' cool like this... and call it done. Many can attest to the performance at night, and you can't even tell that it is ugly :unsure:

Actually, that may not be a bad solution!!! Is that one of those battery operated lights?? At least I would not have to run wiring through the tower!!! Biggrin.gif

Yes, battery opperated, just mounts on top of the tow-ball on the tower... turn it on, pop it up there, and you're rollin. Have used it quite a few times this year, haven't even replaced the batteries yet. I did a write up on it a while back - can't remember if it was here or MBO/Wakesiderides but its around here somewhere

I saw these....They are for a Titan tower, and I assumed they would not work on a Skylon. Did you mount this on a Skylon tower????

no it is on the titan tower but i don't see why it would not work on any tower as it just sits under the thing you loop the rope onto (tow spool). It does need to be wired to 12vdc though.

Edited by Cervelo
What you need is somethin' cool like this... and call it done. Many can attest to the performance at night, and you can't even tell that it is ugly
Whistling.gif Sooo many comments.....and none of them nice. :lol:

What you need is somethin' cool like this... and call it done. Many can attest to the performance at night, and you can't even tell that it is ugly

Whistling.gif Sooo many comments.....and none of them nice. :lol:

yea, I know.. Innocent.gif it is fuuuugly!.. but I could have painted it, and cleaned it up a bit, but in the dark, it really doesn't matter (it is on top of the tower - can't see it w/ the light in your eyes ;)) ... this is one of those cases where the ease of use, cost etc overcome the asthetics Biggrin.gif

... this is one of those cases where the ease of use, cost etc overcome the asthetics Biggrin.gif
Is that how Shannoook feels about you... ROFL.gif

Sorry Troy....I couldn't resist. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is a little old, but the Titan light will work on a Skylon tow spool (and Illusion X and probably others). It may give the more finished look that you're looking for.

$0.02

I know this is a little old, but the Titan light will work on a Skylon tow spool (and Illusion X and probably others). It may give the more finished look that you're looking for.

$0.02

Thanks!!! Looks like you may have actually installed that light on a Skylon (if I was looking at the right picture on your website). Another winter project ! Yahoo.gif