Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'15 A22 ECM Flash

Does anyone know the date or revision code of the latest ECM flash for 2015 axis A22 with 350 pcm engine?  mine is July 2016 and that does not seem recent enough given the issues with exhaust temp limits.  It appears that is the cause of mine going into limp mode when heavily ballasted.

I think the EMWT ECM update for the 2015 Crusader Monsoon 350 should be calibration checksum $56372B29.  It changes the alarm threshold to compensate for heat soak temperature increases at idle in the exhaust manifolds.  Are you getting an alarm for SPN 441 or SPN 442, FMI 0 or 15?

Edited by csleaver

I do have a high temperature exhaust manifold issue, or at least it appears that I do. I do not know where the temp limit is set, but it appears to be at about 190F. I see temps as high as 211. 

I am starting to get enough data to string together info from various forums, but it is a shame that I am having to do it when it is obvious that the problem has existed with many others. I have read of various flashes, different plumbing of the cooling lines, manifold changes etc. I would like to know where to go (pcm maybe) to get the best solution to lowering the temps?  Is there a higher volume water pump?  Is there a plumbing mod with crossover tube or restrictor that solves it?  Is 211+ too high?  At least now that I can see the actual temp I have been able to drive better and minimize it. I even saw one post that claimed I could make a change to the pcm harness so I could actually see the fault codes on the boat screen which has never worked but there was no detail. The info is out there but I and others are having a hard time finding it.  Any help appreciated. 

SPN 442. That is port side, correct?  I am going to pull the impeller and check. It was replaced last year and only has about 25 hours and the others I have changed  have looked good.  Surely we can find a way to get more cooling water if that is truly the problem. 

SPN 442 FMI 15 or FMI 0 would indicate an overheat on the port exhaust manifold on a v-drive setup.  You may want to swap the exhaust sensors in the port and starboard manifolds to see if it is a problem with the sensor or if the port manifold is actually getting too hot.  When are you getting the alarm?  Is it while surfing, at cruising speed, at idle, or after you shut the engine off and then shortly after restarting?