Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Where to get Illusion tower?

mcmary

Hi everyone, I've been lurking for about the last month as I shopped for a Malibu XTI. Now I've found one and agreed to buy it but it doesn't have a tower. We definitely need a tower. I would like to put an Illusion tower on it. Has anyone purchased and installed an Illusion tower themselves? Do I have to go through a dealer to buy one? Any idea how much it costs?

I was in your situation too. 2002 21LSV that I bought this summer with no tower. I was quoted between 2800 and 3000 out here for the tower, and another 200-300 to install it from 2 different dealers up here in the north east. Depending on where you are located, that could effect the price.

I was fortunate enough to find a member on this site who was selling a used illusion tower. Might be worth looking around for a little while if you don’t need it until next spring.

A Malibu authorized dealer dealer and it will be between $2000 and $2500.

Well, $2000 or a little more sounds do-able, but my husband called a couple dealers here in Idaho and the prices he got were in the $3000 range - OUCH! Shocking.gif We went out of state for our boat - maybe we'll have to do the same for our tower. Are you a dealer skicrave?

Another thing to consider is a dealer will need to install the tower, its way too heavy to mount and drill the holes without a crane or something to take the load. A titan would be much easier to install yourself and they are rock solid.

Chris

A Malibu authorized dealer dealer and it will be between $2000 and $2500.

Well, $2000 or a little more sounds do-able, but my husband called a couple dealers here in Idaho and the prices he got were in the $3000 range - OUCH! Shocking.gif We went out of state for our boat - maybe we'll have to do the same for our tower. Are you a dealer skicrave?

I just had the Illusion X installed on a 2006 21 LSV in August. FWIW, the best price that I found

in this area (Texas) was $2625 plus $315 labor.

Another thing to consider is a dealer will need to install the tower, its way too heavy to mount and drill the holes without a crane or something to take the load. A titan would be much easier to install yourself and they are rock solid.

Chris

I realize this is a bit old, but I just had an illusion tower shipped to me. The main arch only weights about 50 pounds, and the 2 parts that attach to the gunnels weight roughly 15 pounds each. Light enough for 2 people to install no problem

Chad

Chris

I realize this is a bit old, but I just had an illusion tower shipped to me. The main arch only weights about 50 pounds, and the 2 parts that attach to the gunnels weight roughly 15 pounds each. Light enough for 2 people to install no problem

Chad

Not worried about the install, my husband IS a crane Biggrin.gif Seriously - he has a ton of tools and is Mr. do-it-yourself. We installed our last tower (including fiberglass reinforcing the hull at the install points.) Like you said Chad, we'll have a few months to look. Maybe we'll get lucky and find one. At this point I'm just looking forward to getting the boat. Thanks to everyone for all the replies.

Mary