Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Response LXI test in Boating Magazine

grnautique

If anyone is interested the latest Boating Magazine has a test of 4 open bow ski boats: Response LXI, ProStar 197, Moomba Outback and a Tige 20i. Its a pretty decent article though I really can't fathom that they picked the Tige as their top choice. They liked it mainly because of the taps system though they don't even make a reference to the wedge in the Malibu. They do say the bu is the most luxurious of the group.

If anyone is interested the latest Boating Magazine has a test of 4 open bow ski boats: Response LXI, ProStar 197, Moomba Outback and a Tige 20i. Its a pretty decent article though I really can't fathom that they picked the Tige as their top choice. They liked it mainly because of the taps system though they don't even make a reference to the wedge in the Malibu. They do say the bu is the most luxurious of the group.

You should post that on WakeWorld and see what kind of response it gets. Biggrin.gif Boating Magazine is more of a pleasure boat magazine and the review was probably done by a boating expert but not a skiboat expert.

You should post that on WakeWorld and see what kind of response it gets. Biggrin.gif Boating Magazine is more of a pleasure boat magazine and the review was probably done by a boating expert but not a skiboat expert.

Yeah, probably a v-drive owner. Biggrin.gif

I couldn't find it online. I agree Boating Magazine covers all types of boats, the same issue reviews a 72' cruiser. The article did say that they had an expert skier try the boats and he rated the Malibu as having the best overall wake. Although they chose the Tige, I think the article is very complimentary of the Malibu.

I couldn't find it online. I agree Boating Magazine covers all types of boats, the same issue reviews a 72' cruiser. The article did say that they had an expert skier try the boats and he rated the Malibu as having the best overall wake. Although they chose the Tige, I think the article is very complimentary of the Malibu.

My point exactly.

Yeah, probably a v-drive owner. Biggrin.gif

more likely an I/O

Just received my issue today and looked over the article. One thing that I noticed is the test conditions of the boats during the performance tests. The Malibu had a full tanks of gas while the others varied from full to if I recall correctly to almost empty on one of the boats. What stood out was the Malibu has a fairly large tank and was full while the MC had a much smaller tank and was 1/2 full. That is kind of a poor test to me because it alters the numbers of the test and most people do not read the fine print but only the results. Either way the lxi had a good test and review but the test was for the best slalom boat that the family could also used, so that may explain why the tige won.