Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2004 23LSV Stereo Overhall

Jcwall

Hey guys, 

I got a couple quick questions.  I have a 2004 23LSV Wakesetter that has a dead stereo system.  The boat has two speakers in the bow, two on each side of the dash, two inside the main seating area of the boat, and two on the old illusion tower.  I replaced the stereo head with a Kenwood Marine Bluetooth Outdoor Radio with a marine digital remote and two of the speakers with Wetsounds, now the amps and subwoofer died and I think it is time to replace the whole system. 

I have done some research and took my boat to someone in my hometown of Richmond, VA that only works with JL Audio speakers and has quoted me around $4,000 to $5,500 to replace my amps, the 6-speakers in the boat and the 2-tower speakers.  My question is this, is this a fair shake? Will I run into something around this price range no matter where I get it done? With the age of the boat and potential future complications with it, I am nervous about investing $5,000 in it that could be lost if the boat dies in a year or two.  Does anyone have any less expensive solutions to get music playing in the boat again without costing $5,000 or so.  Something in the $1,500 range was what I was anticipating spending and would be ok with loosing if the boat ended up kicking the can in a year or so...

Just looking for some input and guidance because I am feeling a little lost and don't know who to turn to for advice in this situation because the audio guy I am working with isn't proposing any cheaper solutions... 

What does the $5k entail, and what sort of performance are you looking for.

the short answer is yes you can get a decent set up for a lot less 

if you want chest pounding bass and loud projection audio at wakeboarding speed and range you are going to push into the 4-5k range.

if you are at all handy , there are plenty of DIY threads here that could save you a few K and get a nice set up

Edited by Stevo