Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Monsoon 335 Heater Fittings

Trevor1

hello and yes your French with crispy baguette and ham !!! ..if no water outlet connection on inlet pipe and return on brewing pump ..with 12v water pump between the two for engine heat off ... does that seem good to you? the connections are 5/8 npt for both? thank you

• 1 year later...

Here’s an update on the new circ pump.  I ran this all last year and it worked great.  The heater always blew hot air at idle, better than the wye fitting.  With the engine off it stills blow hot air for about another 10mins, since it’s just recirculating the water through the hot engine block.  At the end of the year I thought the circ pump died, it turned out to be clogged with debris.  I’m going to add a mesh screen filter on the heater line to prevent this again.

I drilled out the small orifice in the wye fitting and capped it off where it used to connect to the heater.  I connect a garden hose to it when I need to run it out of the water for winterizing and oil changes. Much easier than a fake-a-lake.  Just repurposing it as a simple tee connection for a garden hose.

Edited by Trevor1
12 hours ago, Trevor1 said:

Here’s an update on the new circ pump.  I ran this all last year and it worked great.  The heater always blew hot air at idle, better than the wye fitting.  With the engine off it stills blow hot air for about another 10mins, since it’s just recirculating the water through the hot engine block.  At the end of the year I thought the circ pump died, it turned out to be clogged with debris.  I’m going to add a mesh screen filter on the heater line to prevent this again.

I drilled out the small orifice in the wye fitting and capped it off where it used to connect to the heater.  I connect a garden hose to it when I need to run it out of the water for winterizing and oil changes. Much easier than a fake-a-lake.  Just repurposing it as a simple tee connection for a garden hose.

If your pump housing forms the bottom point of a V with how you have your pump oriented, "stuff" will collect in there in the warm season when you're not using the pump.  At least it did for me on mine.  I re-oriented my pump so that instead of being the bottom of a V, the pump impeller was at the top of an A.  This was two years ago and the pump has been going strong ever since.  It doesn't get turned on from May to October since I'm in AZ, but it gets a ton of use in the winter months.

1 hour ago, UWSkier said:

If your pump housing forms the bottom point of a V with how you have your pump oriented, "stuff" will collect in there in the warm season when you're not using the pump.  At least it did for me on mine.  I re-oriented my pump so that instead of being the bottom of a V, the pump impeller was at the top of an A.  This was two years ago and the pump has been going strong ever since.  It doesn't get turned on from May to October since I'm in AZ, but it gets a ton of use in the winter months.

That’s good to know.  I’m going to make sure my pump is oriented correctly. Thanks.