Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Uh-Oh......Look out for the competition!

DUKENO1

I wonder if they have a 'Sea-Doo Crew'?

The cost of goods for anything anymore seem to be going through the roof. Although, I'm not sure how cost of that is comparable to a V-Ride.

Yamaha also makes a similar wakeboard boat. My buddy sells them and oddly enough he can't keep them in stock Crazy.gif

Last year I took my 23 LSV to Havasu and he got to ride in it, up to that point he had been using the demo Yamah boat with tower. After one afternoon, he converted and bought an 06 VLX earlier this year. :lol:

When I saw him last weekend I asked him if he still had the VLX, and he said its a keeper. :)

430hp on 3 cylinders at 8000rpm, how does that work?

height without tower 7'4", yikes.

430 Supercharged Rotex engine...

It also comes with a P/a system for communication.

so, it is only one engine? that seems like a lot of hp from one 3 cylinder motor.

their definition of direct drive means jet drive, no propeller.

so, it is only one engine? that seems like a lot of hp from one 3 cylinder motor.

their definition of direct drive means jet drive, no propeller.

2 engines with 3 cylinders each and 215hp each.

The height listed is on a trailer.

I wonder how fast this thing will go and what the fuel usage is per hour.

Appears to be the Infinity tower speaker system with built in PA.

Is that so you can converse in the boat over the scream of the engines spinning at ~5000 RPM???

I've seen these and it's really sad. :( I don't like to diss another guys boat, but ... most of these people that are suckered into buying, ah, I mean buy one of these think they are getting a "wakeboard" boat. The wake on these things are washed out, foamy and soft and the rooster tail wash from the jets is very annoying. The buyers probably think the jet thing is cool or "safe" but they have No idea of how these perform and even less of an idea of how a proper wakeboard boat should perform. Their kids say "Dad we want a Wakeboard Boat", dad wants to please them and the next thing you know another one of these oversized Jet Skis full of Wallys is heading out to a lake near you.

A friend of mine used to have a Speedster (much less horsepower and quite a bit smaller) that we used to wakeboard behind. Jets seem to have a lot less grunt for pulling the skier out of the water. Once the skier was up, the boat would take off and you had to hold on for dear life until the driver could slow back down. It was also much more difficult to hold a steady speed.

Heck, I would get a jet craft before one of these. At least with a jet craft you can bomb UP stream, bouncing off rocks such. Man those are tough boats!