Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Replacing Rockford head unit in 2013 23 LSV

dwc032

So I’ve decided to replace the head unit in my boat with either the JL audio or Wetsounds head unit.  Does anyone have any recommendations for either of these?  They are similar in price and features.  I would have my local stereo guy install and tune, I would assume install will be a couple hundred. 

https://www.jlaudio.com/collections/marine-audio-source-units-mediamaster/products/mediamaster-mm100s-be-marine-audio-source-units-99920

https://www.wetsounds.com/product/WS-MC-1

Just put the mc1 in my 2010 vlx. Drilled to hopes in the old bracket for the new mount. You'll need the extension cable to get to the observer storage. 

IMG_20200229_095621.jpg

IMG_20200229_095728.jpg

IMG_20200229_095925.jpg

• Like 2
4 hours ago, dwc032 said:

Awesome, was the wiring pretty easy to figure out??

Not done with that part yet but I think it's just red and yellow to hot and blue to remote and black to ground. Then you plug in the services you want usb antenna aux. And the RCA's to the amps. And done. 

• 2 months later...
On 3/1/2020 at 12:21 PM, jhartt3 said:

Not done with that part yet but I think it's just red and yellow to hot and blue to remote and black to ground. Then you plug in the services you want usb antenna aux. And the RCA's to the amps. And done. 

Did you get this install done? My head unit just died and was looking at the mc-1 to replace it but mine is a 2009 lsv. The area doesn't seem like it will be big enough. 

2 hours ago, Chad28 said:

Did you get this install done? My head unit just died and was looking at the mc-1 to replace it but mine is a 2009 lsv. The area doesn't seem like it will be big enough. 

Yeah I just modified the old mounting plate and it sits in front of the opening instead of behind. If you scroll up thread you'll see my pics

IMG_20200229_095925.jpg

Edited by jhartt3
16 hours ago, jhartt3 said:

Yeah I just modified the old mounting plate and it sits in front of the opening instead of behind. If you scroll up thread you'll see my pics

IMG_20200229_095925.jpg

Going to bite the bullet and go with the mc-1.  The only downside that I can think of is that it doesn't turn the volume down as fast as you turn the knob. But I have heard some good things about some of the gps apps for your music. 

Don't forget the power button on the MC-1 is also a mute. A quick push is all it takes to silence the music. But I agree, quickly turning the volume knob does not quickly lower the volume, although slowly turning it does.

Thanks for the post jhart!  I decided to go with the JL media master. Mine goes in Monday to have it installed. I will take some pics when it’s done and give a review on how it sounds. Hopefully it sounds better then the stock RF model. 

Got the new Media Master installed. Haven’t had a lot of time to play with it since it’s 40 degrees and raining. Hopefully it’s sounds better then the Rockford unit. 

5BE272DA-4869-4A1B-933E-BFA89073E023.jpeg

3ABCA0C3-39E9-4FEF-A7E0-B9CF5F2FD543.jpeg