Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2000 Response LX

spinxt

This is strange. When I bought my boat, I was told it had the Indmar Monsoon engine. This was confirmed when I brought it back to PA and compared it to my buddy's 1999 and another buddy's 2001. We all three have Monsoons (I think). When I went on to the new 2007 Malibu site and clicked on "POWER" it shows pictures of all the engines. My engine more closely resembles the picture of the LCR than that of the Monsoon. I can say for certain the exhaust manifolds in the 2007 picture of the LCR are the same exahust manifolds on my 2000 "monsoon". That said, what's the best way to tell for sure?

Yup, that's it!! However what is the switch looking thing on the upper left side of the pic of your engine? (right above the cooling hose going into the manifold).

Chris

Yup, that's it!! However what is the switch looking thing on the upper left side of the pic of your engine? (right above the cooling hose going into the manifold).

Chris

I think you are looking at the Perfect Pass servo motor assembly that is connected to the throttle linkage.

Chris

servo for Perfect Pass

If you look on the starboard side of the engine down near the oil pan you should also see a sticker with the engine's serial number, which will also say Monsoon II on it.

Mike