Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

new boat... but not malibu :( ???

OnlyInboards

Ebay feedback on my old 210: Beautiful boat A++++++++++ would own again!

Richard, is that the one that got totalled? Did Pat Fogg finally get it put back together and you have all of the insurance settled?

Richard, is that the one that got totalled? Did Pat Fogg finally get it put back together and you have all of the insurance settled?

Yep, I'm honestly not sure what happened to it. We had the chance to buy it back and we offered it to Pat at that price and he made it sound like the price they wanted for it was too much to make it worth his time. It's entirely possible however, that he did end up buying it from the insurance company for a cheaper price. The insurance company settled with us actually the day our VLX got delivered to us from CA. If you ever bump into Pat and ask him what happened to it I'd be interested to know as well...

I looked in boats for sale and didn't see what you were referring to (wakesetter that is less with the same options).. the SAN has only 180 hours, is in great condition from what they've told me, waiting on pics.... I don't want to go too much older than that. If I can fit 5 - 7 people on the boat and go, I'd be fine. If I could only find an 02 or newer VLX for 28k.. haha. I did see a Malibu Sunscape LSV with the Illusion X tower on sale for about the same, but it had no ballast....

we have a sunscape LSV with the wedge and 1400lbs of ballast it has a comparable wake. We put the ballast system ourselves but you can have it installed and when it all comes out in the wash it will be around $2G.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, I'm honestly not sure what happened to it. We had the chance to buy it back and we offered it to Pat at that price and he made it sound like the price they wanted for it was too much to make it worth his time. It's entirely possible however, that he did end up buying it from the insurance company for a cheaper price. The insurance company settled with us actually the day our VLX got delivered to us from CA. If you ever bump into Pat and ask him what happened to it I'd be interested to know as well...

Will do, although since this boat is under warranty I'm getting work done at BCWS for now. I took a prop to Pat in the spring, but fortunately have not needed to take another one to him since then.

i would buy that boat in a HEARTBEAT!!!!! i'm in love with 8.1 super airs.

not to mention they are EXTREMELY rare.

I've always enjoyed my boats well done... get it ? ROFL.gif

i would buy that boat in a HEARTBEAT!!!!! i'm in love with 8.1 super airs.

not to mention they are EXTREMELY rare.

I've always enjoyed my boats well done... get it ? ROFL.gif

Blowup.gif

i REALLY hope you don't make thise jokes in public. lolercoaster.

well, I already bought it. 28k and it's in great shape. Now I just have to stick it in storage for 5 months to use it. Ouch!

OH, and LS-one, yeah, i'd recommend not using that joke in public, private, in the shower, or to your dog....

well, I already bought it. 28k and it's in great shape. Now I just have to stick it in storage for 5 months to use it. Ouch!

OH, and LS-one, yeah, i'd recommend not using that joke in public, private, in the shower, or to your dog....

Congrats on the new boat! I'm sure you'll get much enjoyment out of it. I'm sorry that I couldn't meet your price to get you into a Malibu instead.

JV

Definitely no apologies necessary. I'm sure I'll enjoy this boat and maybe next year or the year after I can get into an 04+ VLX which is what I really want anyway. I'll be in a BU before my boat buying days are over, that is for sure. Plus, my new neighbor has a 23 LSV and we've become friends so I'm sure next season I'll get to ride behind it as well.

Definitely no apologies necessary. I'm sure I'll enjoy this boat and maybe next year or the year after I can get into an 04+ VLX which is what I really want anyway. I'll be in a BU before my boat buying days are over, that is for sure. Plus, my new neighbor has a 23 LSV and we've become friends so I'm sure next season I'll get to ride behind it as well.

Oh man, don't do that. Then you'll really have Malibu envy :)

j/k

I'm sure you'll enjoy your CC. Well made boats.

Yeah, i'm pretty excited to ride behind both. Out here in the middle of corn country we don't have many inboards at all so the only boat I've ever ridden behind is my 92 sport nautique with no ballast. I've never even ridden behind a boat with a wedge or ballast or even a vdrive, so i'm pretty psyched to be able to ride not only my new vdrive, but the neighbors too! I'll let you know what i think comparatively come April.