Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Boat: What should I Get, 23 LSV, 23 MXZ or 25 LSV?

Bman1

So the 23 MXZ and 25 LSV are obviously going to be the price premiums .. $10-15k more (dealer experiences may vary).

25 LSV will probably be the best surf wave and the most room overall (some argue b/c of some interior changes)
Some say the pickle restricts visibility when surfing and its polarizing with resale
Traditional bow has great resale but the 25LSV is a lot of boat for some

All are going to give you a great wave but just judging the wave .. I'd say 25 LSV, then 23 MXZ, then 23 LSV but we are splitting hairs on the last two.

I like the new MXZ but I'm tossing the $$ around and still trying to determine if its worth it.  If you are going to do this again in 2-5 years .. 23 LSV is a classic!

4 hours ago, Bman1 said:

We Mainly surf, I am coming from a 2018 LSV.

What new options are a must?

Okay Crew do your thing!

Cant go wrong with any of those options. The two 23s just comes down to which bow/layout you like. 25 is going to give you the best wave and most room... just a matter if you want a boat that big. 

As far as options... we love the flip down swim step. And because I need to lower the tower to get the boat in the garage the new Gx tower is pretty sweet.

What are your main reasons for upgrading? Staying in a newer boat, better surf wave, want a bigger boat, like the picklefork bow space, etc.?

Unless set on an MXZ bow, which I'm guessing isn't a big reason since the 24 MXZ isn't in your mix, then I'd spend my extra $ on the 25 LSV. Malibu's selling a lot of 23 MXZs this year but the 25 LSV will hold it's value better for resale.

The 23 LSV also gets the 2:1 transmission and 17" prop for 2020.

4 hours ago, IXFE said:

Why would you consider another 23 LSV; the 2020 model is identical to your 2018 (minus the new helm, PWIII, and a new Malibu engine).  If you're going to get a new boat, get a NEW boat.  My vote is 25 LSV.

A 23 lsv is like buying a 3 series BMW. If I buy a BMW, I am going with the 5 or 7 series...more comfortable, more class.

8 hours ago, IXFE said:

Why would you consider another 23 LSV; the 2020 model is identical to your 2018 (minus the new helm, PWIII, and a new Malibu engine).  If you're going to get a new boat, get a NEW boat.  My vote is 25 LSV.

23 gets the 17" prop!

4 hours ago, bbattiste247 said:

A 23 lsv is like buying a 3 series BMW. If I buy a BMW, I am going with the 5 or 7 series...more comfortable, more class.

Your saying a 25 LSV has more “class” than a 23 LSV? What if you just don’t need a boat that big? A 23 LSV will burn less fuel, easier to store and still throws an amazing wave once dialed in. In my opinion bigger Is not always better when factoring in all the facets of someone’s lifestyle.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, 2020LSV23 said:

Your saying a 25 LSV has more “class” than a 23 LSV? What if you just don’t need a boat that big? A 23 LSV will burn less fuel, easier to store and still throws an amazing wave once dialed in. In my opinion bigger Is not always better when factoring in all the facets of someone’s lifestyle.

:)

10 hours ago, NWBU said:

What are your main reasons for upgrading? Staying in a newer boat, better surf wave, want a bigger boat, like the picklefork bow space, etc.?

Unless set on an MXZ bow, which I'm guessing isn't a big reason since the 24 MXZ isn't in your mix, then I'd spend my extra $ on the 25 LSV. Malibu's selling a lot of 23 MXZs this year but the 25 LSV will hold it's value better for resale.

The 23 LSV also gets the 2:1 transmission and 17" prop for 2020.

Exactly, if you not considering 24MXZ witch  is probably best choice for replacing boat to different hull shape . 23 MXZ is a small boat compared to 24MXZ and 25LSV . Wakeboarding wave is 23 lsv  and 23mxz for me is the same . 25LSV and 24MXZ are big boats so wave is much better.

8 hours ago, 2020LSV23 said:

It is the squared off seats that makes it look less desirable. It doesn't have the contoured seating pattern of the 25 lsv and now the 23 MXZ. Plus, size does matter. IMO, two sets of Rev 10's are overkill on the 23 lsv and the PCM racks don't fit it either. Most 23 lsv that I have seen have one set of Rev 8's and the bungee strap racks.  But without Rev 10's and the PCM racks, a boat just isn't as nice. It's like a 3 series BMW.  

On 12/21/2019 at 11:53 AM, Bman1 said:

We Mainly surf, I am coming from a 2018 LSV.

What new options are a must?

Okay Crew do your thing!

If u mainly surf then 25lsv similar to what youtbuse to style wise but way better wave plus only a small price upgrade for what your getting and already spending on a 23. Once u go bigger and better u won't go back.. 25 has great resale

8 hours ago, bbattiste247 said:

It is the squared off seats that makes it look less desirable. It doesn't have the contoured seating pattern of the 25 lsv and now the 23 MXZ. Plus, size does matter. IMO, two sets of Rev 10's are overkill on the 23 lsv and the PCM racks don't fit it either. Most 23 lsv that I have seen have one set of Rev 8's and the bungee strap racks.  But without Rev 10's and the PCM racks, a boat just isn't as nice. It's like a 3 series BMW.  

I disagree with pretty much everything you just said. But it’s cool we are all entitled to our own opinions.

Edited by 2020LSV23
4 minutes ago, 2020LSV23 said:

I disagree with pretty much everything you just said. But it’s cool we are all entitled to our own opinions.

99% of the members on this site agree with your disagreeing. The 23LSV is the top selling towboat in the industry for a reason. Are the other Malibu/Axis models good? Yep, they are all great but not all are great for all people. To state that the 23 isn't class is ridicules but it is his opinion. Owners goggles in full effect here.

Heck my opinion is all Malibu’s have a ton of class, there beautiful!  My 13 23 LSV has over 720 hours on it, 120 hours a summer.  That’s not including the hundreds of hours spent tied up to my buddies.  I’ve never thought of a 23 LSV a budget boat or lower class boat. 

Go demo all the boats you like and choose what’s best for you and your family.  Good luck!

Why not the 24 MXZ?  weighs the same as the 25, although 7" shorter than 25 the pickle fork has tons of room.  I have owned 13 Malibus... all but 4 were 23s.  Been extremely happy with the  24 MXZ and the pickle fork is a huge hit.  Wake is sick as well.

• Like 1