Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need ideas for a clean acr install

JeffK

FWIW, I put all loads (house/stereo) on a 2 battery bank of group 29 batteries.  The other bank consists of a smaller starting battery whose only duty is to start the engine; this is that battery's only load.  The automatic ACR parallels the 2 banks once it sees adequate voltage in the starting battery which is almost immediately after engine start, assuming normal use/state of charge.  With the master battery switch to OFF the only possible way to drain the house batteries is through the bilge pump; all other loads/switches are isolated.

• Like 2

In my 2018 using the factory display/transom remote to control music while parked (engine off) I would still need to keep displays on which would be connected to my starting battery (1 XS Power D5100) or should that circuit be wired to the house bank (2 XS Power XP2500’s) 

13 minutes ago, ElHeffe said:

In my 2018 using the factory display/transom remote to control music while parked (engine off) I would still need to keep displays on which would be connected to my starting battery (1 XS Power D5100) or should that circuit be wired to the house bank (2 XS Power XP2500’s) 

I take it your boat has the OFF/ON/Combine switch and ACR? Moot point with a 1/2/BOTH switch. An easy test to see how its configured, with the system on, disconnect the B+ cable between your house bank and the switch. if the screens stay on, they are drawing from the main cranking, If they power off, they are drawing from the battery you just took out of the loop. 

3 minutes ago, MLA said:

I take it your boat has the OFF/ON/Combine switch and ACR? Moot point with a 1/2/BOTH switch. An easy test to see how its configured, with the system on, disconnect the B+ cable between your house bank and the switch. if the screens stay on, they are drawing from the main cranking, If they power off, they are drawing from the battery you just took out of the loop. 

I just bought this boat. I do not have my acr installed yet. I have the factory switch still and will be setting up the batteries above along with acr and OFF/ON/COMBINED switch.  Just wondering what the best wiring configuration would be.