Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu/Wetsounds amp harness adapters.

Ronnie

Amp Harness Adapters for Factory DSP Amps.

Cabin/Sub Harness - A106523-ND (1 required) May be different for dual sub options. I haven't looked at one of those.

Tower Harness - A106572-ND (1 required)

Female Pins for connectiong wires to amp adapters.

A106370-ND (13 for Cabin/Sub, 5 for Tower) Get a few extra.

Cabin/Sub Speaker plug

WM17424-ND (1 required) May be different for dual sub options. I haven't looked at one of those.

Sub & Tower Speaker plug (You may want to run your own wires from sub/tower speakers to new amps.)

WM17420-ND (1 required)

Pins for connecting speaker wires to adapters

WM17430-ND (12 for Cabin/Sub, 4 for Tower) Get a few extra.

You'll need RCA's for adapter to amp connections.

Solder and heat shrink all connectors. I solder the RCA adapter pins to the Adapters.

digikey.com

DSP2CH_PINOUTS.jpg

DSP4CH-6CH_PINOUTS.jpg

SYN-DX2DSP-OE Malibu Logo.jpg

SYN-DX6DSP-OE Malibu Logo.jpg

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, justgary said:

@Ronnie - Excellent work.  That post just saved a lot of people plenty of head scratching. 

And I agree on extra pins/sockets.  They are easy to mess up or drop, and cheap enough to buy plenty of spares. 

Thanks, should be worth the price of Supporting TheMalibuCrew.com.

I would recommend a good terminal crimper as well and not the normal wire cutter/crimper. Those pins are smaill and the plug receptical doesn't give much room for sloppy crimps and soldering.

3 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Thanks, should be worth the price of Supporting TheMalibuCrew.com.

Shameless plug.  I see how you did that. 

I agree about the crimpers.  Most of them are crazy expensive, but you can usually find cheap generic ones that work well enough.  They just need to fit the pins correctly. 

Expensive ones usually have a positioner to make the crimp more fool proof.  Cheap ones may take some fidgeting and double crimping to get them to work. 

• 5 months later...

I am looking to purchase all the adapters needed. I haven't been able to find the speaker plugs for cabin and tower. Can someone point me in the right direction? Would like to buy all them.

Thanks

On 5/2/2020 at 9:37 PM, Hayden said:

I am looking to purchase all the adapters needed. I haven't been able to find the speaker plugs for cabin and tower. Can someone point me in the right direction? Would like to buy all them.

Thanks

@Ronnie quoted Digi-Key part numbers; are they not available from them any more?

https://www.digikey.com/

Edited by justgary
Missed on poking Ronnie

Yes they are there. I apologize, I wanted to purchase some already made. 

I purchased the cabin and tower from Exile. I need to find the speaker plugs now. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have the exile plugs for my boat.  Going from a syn dx2 on towers to a syndx6. And a syndx6 cabin to syndx 4.

could anyone help me with what wires I put where?  I have pictures I could text.  

Ryan

On 5/21/2020 at 3:59 PM, RyanR206 said:

I have the exile plugs for my boat.  Going from a syn dx2 on towers to a syndx6. And a syndx6 cabin to syndx 4.

could anyone help me with what wires I put where?  I have pictures I could text.  

Ryan

I’ll help. Check your PM’s.

Gents - I just traded up to a 2020 23 LSV with the REV10 tower package. It's decent but the sub is pretty weak. A step down from my old boat for sure.

I' looking for a wiring schematic to understand the audio solution in there now with the hope of upgrading to a dedicated sub amp + DVC sub. I think the rest of the system is fine.

The connector may be piece of it but I haven't really explored too much to know what I need. Just a quick visual inspection that led me to ask for the diagram.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can point me in the right direction.

DR

Does anyone have the wiring diagram and pinout for a 2020 24 mxz? I'm getting ready to do an extensive audio upgrade and purchased the suggested adapter from Digi, but want to make sure I wire everything correctly.

Kyle

15 minutes ago, Kseiter said:

Does anyone have the wiring diagram and pinout for a 2020 24 mxz? I'm getting ready to do an extensive audio upgrade and purchased the suggested adapter from Digi, but want to make sure I wire everything correctly.

Kyle

The pin out is printed right on the amp

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys.  Has anyone taken a newer amp and put in an older boat?  I have an SYNDX-2 DSP I want to use and need a reverse adaptor.  Advice?  Thanks in advance.

image.png.930cca834df0b2e455c5073c71e42d37.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have been searching and have am a bit confused. Does anyone sell/has anyone made adapters to go from the cabin speaker plug in order to plug speaker wire into new amp (I already have the rca adapter for black box plug)

• 2 months later...

Can anyone provide feedback/model numbers of good Crimp Tools that work for the 1.3mm WM17430-ND pins?  The 58529-1 at $286 is just a bit excessive for my project :cry:https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/te-application-tooling/58529-1/1559364

Lots of other options on Amazon, just would like some input if someone has found a well performing alternative.

Thank you for all the info!

• 1 month later...
On 6/25/2020 at 8:05 AM, JLT3 said:

Hey Guys.  Has anyone taken a newer amp and put in an older boat?  I have an SYNDX-2 DSP I want to use and need a reverse adaptor.  Advice?  Thanks in advance.

image.png.930cca834df0b2e455c5073c71e42d37.png

JLT3... I am doing some wiring work on my 17 22MXZ that didn’t come with the tower amp... any chance you have a nice clear pic of the pin out of that amp in your hand? Can’t quite read the 8 pin connector schematic... I know I only need 5 of them but the bottom two are a bit blurry...

Thanks in advance!