Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Titan III or Malibu Illusion X Tower?

Donnieb

The Malibu Illusion X comes standard on new Wakesetter boats, and the Titan III is an optional upgrade. I was all set on the Malibu Illusion X, but it is apparently 9" shorter than the Titan III (and my head was hitting the Illusion X when I demoed the boat.

Do people have experience with the Titan III? Is it a good tower? Any issues with it?

Thanks.

Donnieb

Titan 3 is probably the stiffest tower on the market. Get the polished version (should be a no cost upgrade over the powdercoated one) and you will have an amazing tower. It is stiff, tight, and well built. I think the illusion looks great, but the titan mounts better and on a vtx is better because of its height.

The Series III is a great tower. In my opinion the Titan Towers are the best towers on the market from a funtion standpoint. My family has had an 04 Vlx with the Illusion X and an 05 Vlx with the Titan Series III.

I can give you my personal list of pros and cons of each.

Illusion X

Pros

Styling(opinion)

Bimini top on top of the tower and out of the way

Speakers mounted on sides out of the way

Sturdy and Strong

Cons

Low height over 6ft tall it is a little of a head banger

More difficult to lower- even with the new system it is more difficult than the Titan tower

Titan tower

Pros

Styling(opinion again)

Easier to lower I have 4 racks and NVS speakers(heavy) on mine and can lower it by myself

Strong and Sturdy

Higher off of the floor

More accessories are available

Cons

bimini top is mounted below the tower

Some wiring is exposed

Either way you cannot go wrong with either tower. My personal preference is the titan in both the style and function depts.

I think it does come down more to preference than anything else. I have not had any problem raising and lowering my Illusion X with 4 Alpha 1's and tower mirror by myself. It is easier with a second person, but not all that hard by myself.

The Series III is a great tower. In my opinion the Titan Towers are the best towers on the market from a funtion standpoint. My family has had an 04 Vlx with the Illusion X and an 05 Vlx with the Titan Series III.

I can give you my personal list of pros and cons of each.

Illusion X

Pros

Styling(opinion)

Bimini top on top of the tower and out of the way

Speakers mounted on sides out of the way

Sturdy and Strong

Cons

Low height over 6ft tall it is a little of a head banger

More difficult to lower- even with the new system it is more difficult than the Titan tower

Titan tower

Pros

Styling(opinion again)

Easier to lower I have 4 racks and NVS speakers(heavy) on mine and can lower it by myself

Strong and Sturdy

Higher off of the floor

More accessories are available

Cons

bimini top is mounted below the tower

Some wiring is exposed

Either way you cannot go wrong with either tower. My personal preference is the titan in both the style and function depts.

Good list of comparisons, and I agree Titan is a great choice.

Thanks everyone for your input.

WakeGirl -- unfortunately my garage is too small to store the boat (the garage isn't deap enough for the 20 foot boat :(

So height isn't a factor here.

Thanks.

Donnieb