Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Phase 5 Skim Board Help

Malibu25

Looking to purchase a Phase 5 skim board. I am between the Matrix, Hammerhead and MVP. I'm 6'0" tall and weigh about 175 lbs. I had a Slingshot Skim-bender that I can do 360s on, but wanting to upgrade to something that I can continue to grow with. I actually snapped the skim-bender today trying ollies. Any help would be much appreciated as I have no way to demo boards where I am, the dealers around don't seem to want to do that.

I like the MVP.  The Matrix and MVP are obviously the two most advanced boards P5 has as far as skim boards.  The MVP has the same outline as the Matrix, however it has a lip (rail) that goes all the way around the board.  I personally like the MVP because of the full pad.  I have never ridden the hammerhead or Matrix so I can only speak for the MVP which I really like.  If you want something to grow with, MVP and Matrix are your two best options.

• 8 months later...