Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How many hours this season?

Chatty21VLX

We are 110 for this season. I am a school teacher, so we logged a lot of hours the last few months. Now that school is in session, we will be slowing down. Probably finish around 130 hours, but we can potentially surf year around. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, eubanks said:

70 and we've been out most weekends since May.  You guys with 150+ must be out 3 or more times per week!

most weekends since January plus some addons here and there ;) getting ready for 4th oil change this year in 2 weeks

Sadly probably only ~30 so far this year while we're in the midst of two moves (moved out of our old house few weeks back), but we close on the lake house at the end of September, so hoping to pile on a bit more before winter hits.

4 minutes ago, eubanks said:

70 and we've been out most weekends since May.  You guys with 150+ must be out 3 or more times per week!

Fri, Sat and Sun for sure and Wednesdays weather and grass height dependent. 

Just now, wdr said:

Fri, Sat and Sun for sure and Wednesdays weather and grass height dependent. 

pay someone to mow that lawn then you have more therapy time ;) 

19 minutes ago, kerpluxal said:

pay someone to mow that lawn then you have more therapy time ;) 

That thought has crossed my mind, especially when I am getting a whipping because I missed a week do to rain.

Maybe somewhere around 25-30. Unfortunately, I've lost count due to breakdowns. 

In the last 10 years I've only had one breakdown that kept me off the water. This summer I've had a total of four. 

Going to try and remedy that during September. 

11 minutes ago, wheelman said:

Do you guys turn your boats off when you’re not pulling someone? I have noticed that makes a huge difference. No running while filling or emptying ballast or loading up at dock or floating around. Literally boats only on if someone is riding, even turn off between riders even if they’re only going to be a minute changing riders. 

My boat is always off when not pulling someone. Warm it up in the morning on idle, then ballast fill / rider swap always off.

We normally shut off when switching riders because we are usually switching boards and jackets and stowing stuff unless it just my wife and I. Where we boat, if I am riding I am really nervous about having my wife shut it off because occasionally she will shut it ALL off. With the Rube Goldberg process it is to get it started back up from brain dead to go, it can induce a high pucker factor around tugs with barges even with an experienced driver. And the first thing I did after delivery was to disable the start code!

Edited by wdr
Sp
1 hour ago, wheelman said:

Do you guys turn your boats off when you’re not pulling someone? I have noticed that makes a huge difference. No running while filling or emptying ballast or loading up at dock or floating around. Literally boats only on if someone is riding, even turn off between riders even if they’re only going to be a minute changing riders. 

90% of time shut down between riders. Always with slalom and wakeboarding.. sometimes with surfing. I generally start off with a barefoot set behind a friends boat. then slalom a set or 2, then wakeboard 3 sets (depending on how many wakeboarders are with me) then surf 7 sets, wake skate back to dock... I am usually the only slalom skier.. but wakeboarding and surfing is shared with all on board.. 

11 am to 8 pm during the summer months (until time change ;) ) 

I dont shut down between riders because with tide and wind we cant,  "just float". I am always watching the boat, even when I am riding, getting ready to ride or driving. We normally need to adjust the boat a few times between riders. It is kinda nice because rookie drivers and lake people hate it. We always have good water. If we jump in for a swim, I will shut down but position the boat in a strategic position behind tulies or levy, and also have to pay attention to which way the tide is going.

Hmmm I don't know. Haven't looked in a while, but I will tomorrow.

My hours are 90-95% towing. For other activities we use a pontoon. I usually shut off between riders and ballast fills/drains, but occasionally leave it running if the wind/current is an issue.

Typically I go out Thursday evenings for 2 hours with friends, Sat, Sun mornings until noonish and all day Mondays. Last summer was amazing and I put on 90 something hours (my boat and a loaner boat). This summer we got a very late start so I think I'll end up around 50.

Cranking it out this summer !  25hrs on the clock and 4 surfs! :rockon:

Mostly sandbar time for us this summer, 3 kids all still too young but now old enough they get bored when mom and dad go surfing ha.. we bribe them here and there with cheetos all over the boat! :rofl:

I'm in the low 40's currently.  This spring was awful and really got a late start for us.  Then even when summer hit, so many logs from spring wrecked early summer too.  We have another lakehouse vacation in 3 weeks, so that will add up some more hours for certain.