Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Response LXI status

usnacs

Has anyone bought and taken delievery of the 07 RLXI? There was quite a bit of discussion a couple months ago about how it would ski, wake size, power loss, etc. Then nothing, except a recent post about problems getting certified. I also heard there were production problems due to windshield supplier delays. I have been holding off on a purchasing decision until there was some more feedback. I would actually like to see the boat and ski behind it before I would make a purchase.

When We saw a preproduction '07 a guy in our group got a chance to ski it. He said the wake was a bit better at shortline, but noticably better in longer line lengths.

I have driven many of them now and can say, it feels faster, and way more nimble. And somehow it offers a more comfortable ride, and the bow plain and simple stays dry, you have to work to sink the bow on this boat.

I have no personal experience skiing behind it, so I can't really add anything to the wake discussion

Didn't Malibu have problems with the Illusion tower supplier as well when it was introduced. You would think that they would make sure that a new supplier could keep up with demand before they start to use them. I know some people took delivery of their boat without the Illusion mounted yet back then but I don't think anyone would take it without the windshield installed. :)

Talked to the dealer in SW Missouri last week. He is "hoping" to have one by Thanksgiving...but he has not sent his spec sheet to the factory. I'm guessing it will be after the first of the year before he has the boat on his lot.

yeah i am in OZ and we have ordered one without seeing it and will bropbly get to see and go in one in around web, march next year as production here doesn't start untill january. can't wait as this will be the first bu ever owned.