Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 A22 ballast bags recommendations

streamline

I am trying to add 2 rear bags and a bow to my A22, i went to wakemakers and they are backordered.  What has everyone else used for PnP?  Also the wakemakers kit comes with rear 910lbs, that seems like a lot?

Unless you're in a rush, I'd wait for the wakemakers bags.  I bought straightline 600s at first and they are now sitting in my garage replaced with the wakemakers bags.  If 910 is too much based on your bow weight, you don't have to fill them all the way.  Plus, the wakemakers bags seem to be superior quality all the way around (material, seams, ports) compared to my straightline bags.  I do still run the straightline arrow bag under the bow cushion.

6 minutes ago, AzAxisA22 said:

Unless you're in a rush, I'd wait for the wakemakers bags.  I bought straightline 600s at first and they are now sitting in my garage replaced with the wakemakers bags.  If 910 is too much based on your bow weight, you don't have to fill them all the way.  Plus, the wakemakers bags seem to be superior quality all the way around (material, seams, ports) compared to my straightline bags.  I do still run the straightline arrow bag under the bow cushion.

Any interest in selling those 600s?

Yea i figured i wouldnt fill them all the way, but dont know how long they will take to get it, i have been waiting sometime.  I was looking at a Fly High option, just not sure exactly what/where i should order

55 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

Any interest in selling those 600s?

I could sell one.  I'll probably keep the other to set on the floor when the crew is light.  Would you be interested in just 1?

11 minutes ago, jwl019 said:

Not sure if the size is the same, but I have a pair of gray Wakemakers Universal Fit rear locker bags 910's (45Lx25wx20h) I can sale.

I think the width and height are flipped on the Axis custom bags  (45L x 20W x 25H).

4 hours ago, streamline said:

I am trying to add 2 rear bags and a bow to my A22, i went to wakemakers and they are backordered.  What has everyone else used for PnP?  Also the wakemakers kit comes with rear 910lbs, that seems like a lot?

I used Straight Line Sumo 750s in my 15' A22.  I think they actually filled to around 800lbs but with the horseshoe bag in the front, I always felt they were perfect.  Seems that most people that ran more than 750 in the rear needed additional weight in the front and we didn't.  Just my $.02

47 minutes ago, AzAxisA22 said:

I could sell one.  I'll probably keep the other to set on the floor when the crew is light.  Would you be interested in just 1?

No need two to replace my too-big 900s.

1 hour ago, jwl019 said:

Not sure if the size is the same, but I have a pair of gray Wakemakers Universal Fit rear locker bags 910's (45Lx25wx20h) I can sale.

Do they have 1-1/8" fitting on them?  How much are you asking shipped?

2 minutes ago, streamline said:

Do they have 1-1/8" fitting on them?  How much are you asking shipped?

Yes, they've been set up for PNP on my boat since I took delivery in 2016.

Not really looking to sell them without replacements lined up.  They are inconveniently big, but they work at the moment.  Now if you have a pair of 600s to deal on....?

I run 600's in the rear and a 500 bow with a 400 sack handsome lead up front in the walkway.

If you're running 900+ in the rears, then you'll need a LOT of bow weight