Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Prop Results 19' 23lsv

Mattyb

14 hours ago, surfdude said:

Don’t know which one. I’ll check my clearance today. Offhand it looks somewhere around 3/4”  I’m assuming the 15.5 adds 1/4 “ over the 15. The 2277, I believe is a 15.75 pitch,  1.5 cup. don’t know what pitch in that size So I don’t know which 15.5 to try

I looked into this a bit last year (which is how I knew acme made a 15.5” prop). The guys on the MB forums have been experimenting with them on their b52’s. They seemed to think the 2849 worked best at lower elevation and the 2847 did a little better at high elevation. Some of them experienced gel burn and glued a small (3” or so) piece of stainless to the hull. 

On 8/16/2019 at 9:49 AM, shawndoggy said:

check page 6: http://pcmengines.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/2020-PCM-MPI-Website-Technical-Information.pdf

5000 is way way way too high.  Max cruising rpm is 4000

You need more bow weight or less weight in the rear.

I hear you, but what is solution.  Less weight = smaller wave to surf but lower RPM's.  More weight = bigger wave, but higher rpm?

I know quite a few on here are filling their boats to the max, is it really just an elevation issue?

1 hour ago, Mattyb said:

I hear you, but what is solution.  Less weight = smaller wave to surf but lower RPM's.  More weight = bigger wave, but higher rpm?

I know quite a few on here are filling their boats to the max, is it really just an elevation issue?

If you were filling your boat to the max, you wouldn't have the issue.  You need MOAR bow weight (to run your preferred amount of stern weight).  

• Like 2
2 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

If you were filling your boat to the max, you wouldn't have the issue.  You need MOAR bow weight (to run your preferred amount of stern weight).  

currently running everything at 100% fill, plus 200lbs of lead in the front.  Will try reducing the stern to 50% this weekend just to see the difference and go from there.  I certainly like the idea of running at lower RPM's especially given the cost of gas at our marina!

19 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

currently running everything at 100% fill, plus 200lbs of lead in the front.  Will try reducing the stern to 50% this weekend just to see the difference and go from there.  I certainly like the idea of running at lower RPM's especially given the cost of gas at our marina!

put a person or two up there with the lead too.  See how that does.  I'm running 400 in lead in my T22 (much smaller boat) and still can't run more than 400ish apiece in my 900 pnp bags.

1 hour ago, shawndoggy said:

put a person or two up there with the lead too.  See how that does.  I'm running 400 in lead in my T22 (much smaller boat) and still can't run more than 400ish apiece in my 900 pnp bags.

For sure.  I have a 100 lb triangle that gets ~50% filled if to run full 550s in the back.   400-600lbs  in ballast or bodies seems to work great.   

I must have mis-read, or mis remembered.  Went out last night, started with low weight, and slowly filled the bags.  Never got above 4200 rpms, fully loaded.

Seems to be all good.

Sorry for the thread hijack but mildly applicable without starting a new topic. 

I have a ‘18 23lsv with the 410 raptor. Ordered a 2249 and ended up with an oj 948 from the factory (must’ve been a sub if they were out?). Running about 3600-4100 rpms surfing at 11.1 loaded stock with plug and play and 350 in the walkway depending on wind conditions and extra passengers. Would spending the money on a acme 2277 really save enough rpm to be worth it on gas and noise or would it be a wash due to cost. Elevation is about 1000’. 

Thanks. 

2 hours ago, SouthsideBoarder said:

Sorry for the thread hijack but mildly applicable without starting a new topic. 

I have a ‘18 23lsv with the 410 raptor. Ordered a 2249 and ended up with an oj 948 from the factory (must’ve been a sub if they were out?). Running about 3600-4100 rpms surfing at 11.1 loaded stock with plug and play and 350 in the walkway depending on wind conditions and extra passengers. Would spending the money on a acme 2277 really save enough rpm to be worth it on gas and noise or would it be a wash due to cost. Elevation is about 1000’. 

Thanks. 

You should see about 300 RPMs lower with the 2277, compared to a 2249. Which is quite a bit of noise reduction on the 410.

I’ve run the 2249 and then 2277 back to back on both my ‘18 and ‘19, with similar RPM differences.

I don’t recall the fuel savings on the ‘18 but I had almost identical days when I did this on the ‘19. Similar hours (3.4 vs 3.1), size of crew (8 people each day) and mix of wakeboarding/surfing, skill levels etc. Day 1 with the 2249 was $65 and the next day with the 2277 was $45. So I figure the 2277 saved me at least $15 in that rough comparison.

• Like 1

I have a 2018 Axis A22. I have both the 2249 and 2277. I run full ballast plus plug and play, 250 lbs. in lead and an extra 300# fat sac. Two adults, Two kids. Wedge at 3.

2249 - 4000 rpms

2277 - 3600 rpms

Top speed:

2249 - 37 mph

2277 - 41 mph

No noticeable difference in hole shot between either.