Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Share your 22 LSV surf wave setup

surfdude

New thread for us guys with the smaller lsv!  First of all, the 22 will make almost the wave as a 23, I know cause my buddy has the new 23. First thing, you need a bow bag  in this boat. I know it sucks, but that’s the way it is. With out it your getting a short tall wave at almost any speed. You can’t load the stock ballast and pnp’s without being bow high, and running high rpms. My settings are 100 pct surf side full, other side 75pct. , flyhigh bow triangle, 11.5 mph, wedge 3 clicks from ramp= pretty dam close to the 23. Tell me what you guys found!

• 9 months later...

Recently picked up a new 2020 22, wave  has a lot of push but is definitely stubby.  What size bow bag are you using?

Still working on this. We can make the wave huge, but it's definitely not as long as I see from other boats. 

What seemed to be solid for us is 50% rears w PNP,  100% bow and center, Wedge 3rd click from ramp. 10.6-11mph. What are the bow bags you guys have used?

Haven't tried listing much yet.

On our 2016 vlx the wake is nice but I’m always trying to get it taller or longer depending on the surfers preference. I’ve played around with it but when it comes to the wedge any position other than lift the wake gets super bubbly. Anyone else have this problem?

1 hour ago, Mamola said:

On our 2016 vlx the wake is nice but I’m always trying to get it taller or longer depending on the surfers preference. I’ve played around with it but when it comes to the wedge any position other than lift the wake gets super bubbly. Anyone else have this problem?

Don’t have that issue with our 2016. We have found that all tanks full, rear 550 pnp bags full, and either people or a nose sack 50% works great. We use 3 clicks of wedge and 10.6 mph for regular surfers and 2 clicks wedge and 11.0 mph for goofy.

1 hour ago, Mamola said:

Sounds like you have too much weight in the rear and need to bring the bow down to clean up the wave.  You should be able to use 2-3 clicks of wedge then. Try parking a couple folks in the now next time and see how the wave changes as you play with the wedge.