Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Axis radio

BoatingUSA

I have a 2017 A22, has anyone swapped out the radio control unit for a different one ? I have the mc30 and wondered if the mc40 would be  direct plug in swap? 

I am fairly certain the 2017 and 2018 MC30 is the exact same. I can tell you with 100% certainty that the 2019 MC40 does work in my 2018...

and the knob makes the unit useable.

Edited by MFknK

MFknK, did you order the MC40 through your dealer or somewhere else?  What was the cost?

I would love to change to a knob... the push buttons always work so slowly.

39 minutes ago, daylorb said:

LIkewise.  I also have constant bluetooth issues - connectivity and playlist stopping.  Frustrating.

In my el cheapo BT stereo, the choice of phone makes a big diff.  My old phone will eventually skip, stutter etc. but a more recent iPhone/Android - no issues at all.

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 11:55 AM, SurfNAZ said:

MFknK, did you order the MC40 through your dealer or somewhere else?  What was the cost?

I'm also interested In swapping out MC30 to the MC40.

Following the thread to see where the MC40 can be purchased?!  

Edited by NobadDays
On 8/5/2019 at 6:03 PM, Eagleboy99 said:

In my el cheapo BT stereo, the choice of phone makes a big diff.  My old phone will eventually skip, stutter etc. but a more recent iPhone/Android - no issues at all.

I need to go that route, I'm on a new phone, but it is a new 6S....

On 8/5/2019 at 1:55 PM, SurfNAZ said:

Sorry for be slow to response. Business has been busy and free time spent riding the new foil. 

I did order it through the dealer. The cost was right around $300 I think. 

But so far, it has been worth it. Much easier to control. 

I will say that at some point, I will change the entire black box out. The crickets drive me nuts. Giving up the surf beeps will be an ok trade for me.

I haven’t done any research yet, but is the 2020 Axis line slated to come with the same head unit?

On 8/16/2019 at 7:31 AM, MFknK said:

Sorry for be slow to response. Business has been busy and free time spent riding the new foil. 

I did order it through the dealer. The cost was right around $300 I think. 

But so far, it has been worth it. Much easier to control. 

I will say that at some point, I will change the entire black box out. The crickets drive me nuts. Giving up the surf beeps will be an ok trade for me.

I haven’t done any research yet, but is the 2020 Axis line slated to come with the same head unit?

When you saw the crickets - are you talking about the constant high-pitch coming out of the speakers?  I take it the MC40 did not solve that?

What do you mean about surf beeps?  I thought those came from the dash/small alert?

21 minutes ago, daylorb said:

When you saw the crickets - are you talking about the constant high-pitch coming out of the speakers?  I take it the MC40 did not solve that?

What do you mean about surf beeps?  I thought those came from the dash/small alert?

Surf transfer tone and surfband volume control are controlled through the black box under the observers compartment. When i replaced mine with a wetsounds unit i lost both of those features. Well worth it though. 

4 hours ago, onewake09 said:

Surf transfer tone and surfband volume control are controlled through the black box under the observers compartment. When i replaced mine with a wetsounds unit i lost both of those features. Well worth it though. 

Got it - did you need to replace anything besides the head unit and transom remote?

Any reason one of these would not work to eliminate the background noise?  https://www.amazon.com/PAC-SNI-1-Noise-Isolator/dp/B000K50HJE/ref=asc_df_B000K50HJE/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312061942313&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17567846093625742004&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9028301&hvtargid=pla-436819037255&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=63195598318&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=312061942313&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17567846093625742004&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9028301&hvtargid=pla-436819037255

I didnt have a transom remote to start with. The only real mod i had to make what the factory silver bezel around the headunit wouldnt fit the MC1 from wetsounds. So i took it out and made a carbon fiber backing plate. Thats really all I did.  

• 2 years later...
filthycazwool

Old post i know, but i am getting a 17 t23 here next week, and i want to swap out the mc30, but am NOT a technical worker lol, so cutting and doing other things are out of my relm. Curious if you can do a simple plug and play head swap with the MC40...