Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

snif snif putting boat away for season

gilby52

I cannot believe the season is over, winterized and ready for the trek to storage. See you next April oh Great Malibu

Anybody down south want to help me with a ski fix in January and February?

Gilby

I haven't used our boat since the beginning of september Cry.gif But I have used other peoples boat so that helps a little. Ours isn't winterized but by the time my mid-terms are over it will be November and WAY to cold :(

Taking mine in soon. I was hoping to be able to wakeboard on my birthday, which is Oct. 30! (51) I have already cleared a space in the basement. Can't get anybody to hit the water as they say, it's to cold. Sucks! Dontknow.gif

Taking mine in soon. I was hoping to be able to wakeboard on my birthday, which is Oct. 30! (51) I have already cleared a space in the basement. Can't get anybody to hit the water as they say, it's to cold. Sucks! Dontknow.gif

I hear ya. I had planned to ski until Oct 31 but I literally can't even buy or second, let alone a third. Wimps, all of 'em.

Winterizing this weekend between rain storms.

Yeah, we needed to hear from the two of you. My boat stays in until November. We'll see how long I last. Freakin' wind or rain or both has been an absolute PITA around here.

Our forecast is for high 50's low 60's and overnights are in low thirtys! I could only wish for the warm weather to last into October.

Yeah, we needed to hear from the two of you. My boat stays in until November. We'll see how long I last. Freakin' wind or rain or both has been an absolute PITA around here.

Ditto. Already past the point of being able to winterize on a nice day, may as well hold out now for every last opportunity to get out there. Won't freeze over until at least Turkey Day.

What's it mean to winterize a boat? I don't think that term is in the vocabulary of us California Folks. Sunny and 85 this weekend...headed to the lake. Not trying to rub it in or anything...honest. Tongue.gif

Ditto. Already past the point of being able to winterize on a nice day, may as well hold out now for every last opportunity to get out there. Won't freeze over until at least Turkey Day.

So when are you putting her away, Jerry? I need to know so I can ski the day after and send you pictures. :lol:

OK, OK,

But I did ask for an invite to ski in Jan or Feb, is there an offer out there so I can start to book a vacation?

Please?

So when are you putting her away, Jerry? I need to know so I can ski the day after and send you pictures. :lol:

Went skiing last weekend, water 50ish, air about 45. Will be going again tomorrow. The season does not end for me until it is dangerous for the boat. This year we started on April 2, air was about 40 and water was 37. Should be able to go into early November

Hey there Randy. We may be relocating back to sunny California very soon so you can call me anytime and I will take you to the Colorado river. You can bring Henken and RoverOn too and we have a MN reunion.

We should hook up for a drink soon.

Rob

OK, OK,

But I did ask for an invite to ski in Jan or Feb, is there an offer out there so I can start to book a vacation?

Please?

Please?

We're not as warm as So Cal...but my launch ramp is 1/2 mile from my garage instead of six hours. Come on out to Nor Cal I'll pull you around. :) We ski all winter but with the lake down to 60* and the air only around 60* (in November)...it's fairly chilly with a springsuit, might want a full or a dry.
Hey there Randy. We may be relocating back to sunny California very soon so you can call me anytime and I will take you to the Colorado river. You can bring Henken and RoverOn too and we have a MN reunion.

Rob

OK, OK,

Please?

What will you do without the JBS or or you having the movers take him too?

BTW...I think I saw a thin coat of ice on the lake this morning...

Edited by RoverOn

Sorry for the hijack...

I will certainly miss the JBS! However, he and his wife will be joining us and Romi on a Lake Powell houseboat vacation next summer!!! We'll know more about the move in the next 3 weeks but it is looking real good.

In the winter/spring Sun Country flies directly from MSP to Laughlin so I can take Romi with me and we can pick up my MN Malibu brothers at the airport for some winter boat activities. The water is a little nippy but very doable with full wetsuits or drysuits. My goal is to be out there 1x per month in the winter with Romi. So please take me up on the offer if it happens.

RV

Rob

OK, OK,

Please?

What will you do without the JBS or or you having the movers take him too?

BTW...I think I saw a thin coat of ice on the lake this morning...