Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesurf drone video

JulioEstevez

2 hours ago, UWSkier said:

Wave looks good for an old boat on a three-event hull!  That era 21 LSV/VLX on Diamond hull is so versatile it's crazy.  What's your ballast setup?

Yeah wave was as good as it can be on that boat I believe!

That particular day, the setup was:

Manual wedge down, 600# surf side, 200# non-surf side, 250# in the bow, nauticurl, but what helped is the 8 human ballasts on the boat!

If we are less people I will fill the ballasts more but that setup worked out pretty well

Do you have a bag under your bow seats? I would always stick a 500 lb fat sac on the front surf side seat when we'd surf my dad's boat w that same hull. That was before suck gates were a thing. 

56 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

Do you have a bag under your bow seats? I would always stick a 500 lb fat sac on the front surf side seat when we'd surf my dad's boat w that same hull. That was before suck gates were a thing. 

We put our 540# bag under the middle filler cushion in the bow when we want to use the seats and fill it to about half its capacity so its not in the way. I don't have MLS ballast..

When we're just 3-4, i'll fill it completely on top of the bow seats.

Bow weight is a must to get some wave lenght!