Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'07 ispec

edgeski1

3D rendering and all, including 4 different angles to view the boat

Go to Malibu's Website, Go to a certain boat, click on "build this boat"

Edited by edgeski1

Well, that was disappointing, to say the least. :( Admittedly only a quick look, but

(1) very slow to update

(2) views are much too small in the color selection view (if you click on the small view, a larger window does come up, but it's not clear if you can select colors using the larger view,

(3) WTH came up with the 'update view' button to see the color choices you just selected? When combined with (1) and (2), makes the thing frustrating to use.

(4) Definitely not all the bugs worked out yet - interior view wasn't available yet for the RLXi.

My '03 is looking sweeter and sweeter every day...

The Nerds missed it on this one.

1. You cannot build a VTX.

2. When you add a tower to a boat it should show up on the picture of the boat, this is the same for when you change from core, grunge or the standard graphic, but it does not.

3. Ridiculously slow

4. The colors should update one at a time not select all of them and then update: Think of old ISpec when you scroll over a color it shows up on the screen.

All that is coming to me after building one boat.

Man you guys are fast! iSpec just went live and already you're on it.

Well, as you have noticed it is up, but not totally complete. We wanted to get up what we could so you could at least build some of the boats. We are still working with the 3D graphics on the other models. Delay is the price we pay for going all out on the 3D imagery and innovative functionality. We are still working, I promise. Our Nerds are hammering away at their keyboards. If you listen closely you can almost hear them.

Also I don't know if you noticed, but we released a new section of the web site called "My Malibu". Check it out... we would love to know what you all think. We are extremely excited about "My Malibu" and we think it will be a great connection from the retail customer to the nearest Malibu dealer.

Keep in mind with iSpec, the most popular models and those boats new for 2007 are the highest priority. We are working on the 3D graphics in that order. If you need to see a specific boat that is not available in iSpec yet, let us know and we will provide you with the various color compositions you request.

Here is a list of the models that have functional interiors and exteriors.

Wakesetter VLX

Wakesetter 23 LSV

Sunscape 21 LSV

Sunscape 23 LSV

Here is a list of the models that have functional exteriors, only.

Wakesetter 247 LSV

Wakesetter 247 RX

Sunscape 247 LSV

Response LXi

Here is a list of models that will have functional exteriors in the next day or so.

Wakesetter 21 XTi

Wakesetter 23 XTi

These models are coming soon.

Wakesetter VTX

Sunscape 20 LSV

Sunscape 25 LSV

iRide

vRide

Ride XTi

Response LX

Let me know if you have questions. I'm here for ya...

Amy

Well, that was disappointing, to say the least. :( Admittedly only a quick look, but

(2) views are much too small in the color selection view (if you click on the small view, a larger window does come up, but it's not clear if you can select colors using the larger view,

click on the pic to enlarge it.

click on the pic to enlarge it.

That's what I was trying to say - you can click on the pic to enlarge it, but you cannot dynamically work on the color scheme in the larger view. I hope the Nerds are working on that. Cbrown hit the nail on the head - the color selection in the '06 and previous versions of iSpec were much more user friendly.

Oh, man. I wish I didn't see this thread. Nothing productive happening tonight. . .

Don't worry Jack. A few minutes with it, and you'll be sufficiently frustrated to go back to doing whatever it is you thought you'd be doing tonight. :)

Amy, I like the new iSpec, good job!

Especially the different angles makes it easier to visualize how the boat will look "in person".

Way better than the 2d versions of the past years!

I played around a while with the new RLXi and found a few things for your "nerds" to work out:

- The color "white" appears too grayish.

(It's no difference in the graphics between "white" and "moonbeam".)

- The program has to be modified for Mozilla Firefox

(The color bar pops up at the very right of the monitor and you have to scroll there to pick colors.)

- The top view (interior) is not availlable

- I would prefer to see the swim platform in the graphics

Thanks!

Oh, man. I wish I didn't see this thread. Nothing productive happening tonight. . .

Don't worry Jack. A few minutes with it, and you'll be sufficiently frustrated to go back to doing whatever it is you thought you'd be doing tonight. :)

I gave up on it pretty quickly. I'm actually a patient guy in general, but that didn't last long with this.

I gave up on it pretty quickly. I'm actually a patient guy in general, but that didn't last long with this.

Ditto.

Ditto.

I fell asleep with the laptop in front of my pillow. :lol: Really!

The 3D thing is quite cool. Can't wait 'til it's tweaked out. THANKS AMY!

Edited by VinRLX

One thing I learned in the IT industry, don't go-live until you are ready. This app is really bad in it's current form, I can come no where close to building a boat. I hope it's ready in time for me to buy my new VLX Mad.gif

terribly slow and frustrating, and the boat is far too small to make any sense of the design. as mentioned above, why release it when its so far from being ready!

So now Malibu is the first to put it out there. And they can use the disclaimer of "We're still working on it, please be patient." And show you what they are working on.

uhhhhhhh, if Malibu were smart, they would put the old ISPEC back up. Better to have something that works vs. a new flashy product that works half a**. You have to wonder about the judgement of whoever let this "product" to be released to the public Shocking.gif

People have been complaining and moaning that Ispec isn't up, and so Malibu hears their cries and puts out what they have...then they get bashed for what they have put up and people say that they shouldn't have let it out if its not ready :unsure: . You all are Crazy.gif and I mean that in a nice way :)

Edited by jetskipro550
People have been complaining and moaning that Ispec isn't up, and so Malibu hears their cries and puts out what they have...then they get bashed for what they have put up and people say that they shouldn't have let it out if its not ready :unsure: . You all are Crazy.gif and I mean that in a nice way :)

Preach on Brother!

Edited by edgeski1

As a web designer... I really like the innovation. But its not easy to use. I feel like I have make too many clicks to get a result. As far as response times... sounds like time for new hardware.

My Malibu is a great idea... I bet there some cool ideas been tossed around.

Hopefully they will make it more user friendly. However, I wonder if they'll ever get all the boats to be white. IIRC, 06 did not. I've taken to painting the Wakesetters to get a better idea of the color contrasts. Cry.gif