Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First Malibu!

Slackmaster11

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1sonV9hdBPFZGyEX7

Sold my 2003 centurion avalanche and paid 20k for this beautiful pile

2005 lsv 23 that has been terribly abused has alot of problems but the price seemed right, looking now for a list of things i should check other than the obvious, oil levels, compression ect.

Edited by Slackmaster11
Add content

I guess im looking for other owners of 04-07 lsv 23, to see what problems/ gremlins that are common to this boat

Edited by Slackmaster11
Fix year

Been there! Does it run?

expect a lot of things to fix, including electronics. As long as it runs and has good compression at each cylinder, floats, and has a running tranny I think you’ve got a great deal!

it took me about a year for new interior and to make (most) everything work. Once you are done she’s YOUR baby!!

this site is a life (and money) saved for this kind of thing. Start a build thread so we can follow. 

I removed all the interior and took the pieces to the interior place. It saved quite a bit of cash and allowed me to clean deeply.

Just looked at your photos. How sad! I always joke that my pre-owned boat wasn't a purchase. It was a rescue. But mine was nowhere close to that. 

That is an awesome boat though once it's fixed. They don't make them like that anymore. 

1 hour ago, MTB4LIFE29 said:

Magic eraser and bleach should help clean up the interior. We just bought one with sunfade- but was just dirty. Cleaned up good.

I wouldn't let either of those near my vinyl.

1 hour ago, UWSkier said:

I wouldn't let either of those near my vinyl.

Did you look at the pictures?  I'm going to guess your vinyl doesn't need the help this boat does.

What's amazing is that the exterior looks great.  Best of luck, hope this turns out to be a happy purchase.  Sure looks like a deal if you get her up and surfing!

24 minutes ago, cmargosi said:

Did you look at the pictures?  I'm going to guess your vinyl doesn't need the help this boat does.

What's amazing is that the exterior looks great.  Best of luck, hope this turns out to be a happy purchase.  Sure looks like a deal if you get her up and surfing!

I did.  TBH, I don't know if any of that vinyl is salvageable, but bleach and Magic Erasers are both big no-nos regardless of vinyl condition.  I'd start with a good soapy wash with a mild diluted dish soap or car wash concentrate to emulsify the dirt and dust, followed by a gentle low pressure hose rinse.  That will tell the condition to start with.  Judging by the dash and the dirt accumulated on the switch panels, maybe it's just insanely dirty and only a few vinyl sections need replacement.

Edited by UWSkier
2 hours ago, UWSkier said:

I did.  TBH, I don't know if any of that vinyl is salvageable, but bleach and Magic Erasers are both big no-nos regardless of vinyl condition.  I'd start with a good soapy wash with a mild diluted dish soap or car wash concentrate to emulsify the dirt and dust, followed by a gentle low pressure hose rinse.  That will tell the condition to start with.  Judging by the dash and the dirt accumulated on the switch panels, maybe it's just insanely dirty and only a few vinyl sections need replacement.

51qlnSf6MRL._SL1200_.jpg 

one of these and some warm soapy water are definitely the place to start.  But I kina agree that in this case magic eraser is likely the least of this interior's worries.

1HE0TkFQlpyp6BAALESNLphGnFYiVqzUKXl06uXH

your poor tahoe looks like it's crying uncle!

I don't think soapy water will do much. I'd still start there, then hit it all with a pressure washer to rinse, including the carpet. (Not the paint removing nozzle, but something more like at a quarter car wash). You are going to have to replace the upholstery, but if you can get it decent and enjoy it this season you can worry about that later.

Congrats and welcome to the crew!

I've been around sun-destroyed upholstery and I bet that upholstery feels like sand paper.  Clean it with whatever you want, and plan on replacing it over the winter.  It will make that boat feel amazing again.

We have used the magic eraser's before with good success however it is very hard on the vinyl, that being said the vinyl is so toasted in this boat it makes not difference. The list of problems is so long with this thing.

Trailer tires are shot, rear axel bent, trailer winch broken, wrong sensor in the v-drive, steering is hard, rear engine compartment flooring is cracked on both sides, engine hatch lid is bowed like a banana, hydrolic rams are bent, 6 of the 8 ballast pumps dont work, lol the list is huge.

Im going to start a build thread so y'all can see the progress, new trailer tires and wheels are hear along with new boat winch, so we will get started friday!

Wow....always amazes me to see boats that are cared for so poorly!  Some folks just have way more money I guess.  Good luck with the rebuild!  Looking forward to following along!