Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

(Axis T23) 350 Monsoon cooling intake screen?

I can't seem to find this in my manual or anywhere online, where is the cooling system screen/filter for the Monsoon 350 engine and does it need to be cleaned periodically?  Thanks!

21 hours ago, rmbauer said:

I can't seem to find this in my manual or anywhere online, where is the cooling system screen/filter for the Monsoon 350 engine and does it need to be cleaned periodically?  Thanks!

Check mine yearly and shop vac it out at the end of the season. If you go into limp mode that would be the first thing to check. If you have a dripless shaft seal you can follow the water supply line from it to the bottom of the trans cooler where the water line inserts into it.

On 6/29/2019 at 6:19 AM, wdr said:

Check mine yearly and shop vac it out at the end of the season. If you go into limp mode that would be the first thing to check. If you have a dripless shaft seal you can follow the water supply line from it to the bottom of the trans cooler where the water line inserts into it.

wdr, I've followed what I believe to be the water line back but it goes under the engine and I can't really see where it runs to and don't see any sort of cap or filter area for access.  I'm just very surprised I can't find it in the manual or online anywhere!  Do you have a picture of at least what it looks like so I know what to look for?  Thanks!

It will be on the starboard side rear of your engine. Just look for those 2 brass fittings, kind of makes it stand out.

B97CB2C4-54A5-4E39-8250-C23BBECA6510

Edited by BlindSquirrel
  • Like 1
On 6/30/2019 at 8:48 AM, BlindSquirrel said:

It will be on the starboard side rear of your engine. Just look for those 2 brass fittings, kind of makes it stand out.

B97CB2C4-54A5-4E39-8250-C23BBECA6510

Thank you , just went through overheat fir thermostat but this is great knowledge for future diagnosis ,  the screen is at the bottom end ?

as info on ‘14 models the fittings are aluminum 

Edited by granddaddy55
  • Like 1

Yes, it’s on the bottom. And “screen” may not be the correct word for it. (I’m not sure what is) The “screen” has around 10 or 12 holes each about the size of a pea. But you’d be surprised how much crud gets caught in there.