Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone installed a make shift shower?

WaveMake'nLSV

2004 LSV/WS

Have seen that attwood has a pump that has 2 outlets on it, and wondering how feasible it would be (has anyone done it) to replace the midship fill pump with one of these and put a hose and shower trigger on the threaded hose end and maybe install a shutoff inline on the fill side, so if I wanted to use the shower (primarily to washout the cooler and aid in ice meltage, etc...and/or wash shampoo out of the carpet when cleaning) I could simply turn off the tank fill and it would then power the shower? Otherwise, under normal use, I could just leave the shower on, as all it would do is pressurize and then default to fill the ank as desired?

I drag my boat from the lake , 1 mile to the dry storage, and would rather the cooler not sit there and drain into th bilge slowly as the ice melts and soak the floor of the unit EVERY time.

Anyone done this?

I really don't want to go thru all the trouble and stuff envolved with installing a heated shower, etc...with the motor and another set of pumps/valves, etc.

Input appreciated,

Scott

23+ views and no comments...going to take that as a concensus. Really is no reason it wouldn't work.

Do most people use the onboard cooler? Does it simply drain into the bilge and then assumingly out the main drain by the Vdrive? haven't really traced the hose to note where it drains to. Probably going to fabricate a plug of sorts, so it retains the ice water during use...so as to preserve more ice....like using a normal cooler.

I am sure these things suck the ice up, but if you fill it up in the am...I would hope it would last all day.

Input appreciated,

Scott

Find where the hose drains into the the bilge area by the V-Drive unit (lift the cushions and trace it). Install a plastic Ball Valve there (Home Depot). Close it to keep the cold water in the cooler. Open it to drain the water into the bilge.

I never try to melt the ice. It just drains into the bilge and I drain it into the lake after I put it on the lift.

True...but I would rather not have melted ice run onto the floor of my storage unit every time. Hmmm...maybe I *should* look into a heated shower...certainly would melt the ice in a snap!

******thinking

Scott

I never try to melt the ice. It just drains into the bilge and I drain it into the lake after I put it on the lift.

Yea, just scoop it out.. Dontknow.gif

Not sure where you are from (since you didn't feel comfortable enough with us to enter it in your profile :unsure:)

... but around here, I rarely make it back with much ice in the cooler. Is this really a problem that you encounter enough you'd need a hot shower to rid yourself of ice?

2004 LSV/WS

Have seen that attwood has a pump that has 2 outlets on it, and wondering how feasible it would be (has anyone done it) to replace the midship fill pump with one of these and put a hose and shower trigger on the threaded hose end and maybe install a shutoff inline on the fill side, so if I wanted to use the shower (primarily to washout the cooler and aid in ice meltage, etc...and/or wash shampoo out of the carpet when cleaning) I could simply turn off the tank fill and it would then power the shower? Otherwise, under normal use, I could just leave the shower on, as all it would do is pressurize and then default to fill the ank as desired?

I drag my boat from the lake , 1 mile to the dry storage, and would rather the cooler not sit there and drain into th bilge slowly as the ice melts and soak the floor of the unit EVERY time.

Anyone done this?

I really don't want to go thru all the trouble and stuff envolved with installing a heated shower, etc...with the motor and another set of pumps/valves, etc.

Input appreciated,

Scott

I would just put in the hot water shower. They really aren't that complicated and you'd have the benifit of actually having hot water. I use mine all the time when the water starts getting cold. It's an easy way to warm up your wetsuit before your ski and warm yourself up after your ski. Plus you'd be able to melt your ice faster with hot water.

But if your set on not getting a shower, you could also just get a Y-pipe and some shut-off valves. This would eliminate the need to buy a new pump. Just plumb it into the ballast fill line.

Or....rather than going to all of that trouble, you could just buy a new cooler bag from your dealer that would fit right in the cooler. Then you could just pull it out each time you leave. No water or mess left behind, only a clean dry cooler. :)

Sweet! they make a bag cooler sized to fit the 23 footers?

Scott

Or....rather than going to all of that trouble, you could just buy a new cooler bag from your dealer that would fit right in the cooler. Then you could just pull it out each time you leave. No water or mess left behind, only a clean dry cooler. :)

Did the 06 VLX come with a cooler bag? I bought my 06 VLX used and it does not have one.

Denny

I am liking the bag cooler idea...we use them on the 4 wheelers and they work great! Is this something that must come from Malibu or is there an aftermarket place floating about that has them?

Curious to the 23' tho...since the cooler is an EASY foot longer, maybe more...than the VLX.

TIA,

Scott

Did the 06 VLX come with a cooler bag? I bought my 06 VLX used and it does not have one.

Denny

Denny

Yes, it should have come with one.

I believe that they're all the same size, so it will be a bit small for the LSV (it fits just right in the VLX cooler). But that gives you some room for a dry bag in there as well (for food that can't get wet). Of course you could always find an aftermarket soft cooler that would fit, there are plenty of those made these days. The one that Malibu puts in their boats is well sized front to back & top to bottom though, so it's up to you. It just gives you another, easier option vs. plumbing a pump into that space. The other plus to having a soft cooler in there is that it does a better job of holding ice vs. the built in cooler all by itself.

The great thing about the bag in the 23' boat's cooler is it will hold plenty of drinks and you won't have to put in 4 or 5 bags of ice, PLUS it's insulated.

The bag is:

24" Long X 15" Wide X 8" Deep.

Dealer only?

How much, roughly...if you know.

Ty for the great info!!!

Scott

The great thing about the bag in the 23' boat's cooler is it will hold plenty of drinks and you won't have to put in 4 or 5 bags of ice, PLUS it's insulated.

The bag is:

24" Long X 15" Wide X 8" Deep.

Wakegirl,

Do you or anyone for that matter, know any dealers that have these bag coolers? My dealer had no idea and was "supposed" to look/call Malibu and ask them. They are a relatively young dealership and I have had to correct some of their "information" with regard to hulls, models, etc...so this doesn't really surprise me.

Scott

Wakegirl,

Do you or anyone for that matter, know any dealers that have these bag coolers? My dealer had no idea and was "supposed" to look/call Malibu and ask them. They are a relatively young dealership and I have had to correct some of their "information" with regard to hulls, models, etc...so this doesn't really surprise me.

Scott

Try one of our dealers that frequent the site, they know what we're talking about. User names are:

Madmanacrossthewater

JeffK

edgeski1

SmoothWaterMan

I'd try one of them first, they're all good guys & should be able to help you.