Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

07 vlx questions

BenBu

i,m looking for some info and i hope some of you could help me out here.

there is no perfect pass wakeboard pro in the options list,but can you still get it?

What are the main differences between the PP digital pro and PP wakeboard pro?We only use it for wakeboarding so i guess i do not need a three event system.

last year i ordered the standard speed control with full ballast and an extra 800lbs and 4 people,the boat had some troubles keeping a constant speed.Now i heard some good stories about the acme 1235 about better holeshot etc....but will it keep the boat at a constant speed in combination with the standard speed control?.While spending $65000,= (europe)on a vlx

you might suspect pro level performances.There are not a lot of malibu vlx in the netherlands and most are just recreational riders..so for maximum performances i need some help of the crew.

p.s no more hatch in the 07 fiberglass swimplatform?

can you order a acme 1235 from the factory?

here is a video shot of one of my crew riding....at these levels i need a constant speed

any info would be greatly appreciated

ben

http://www.riversidewakeboarding.nl/abel1.wmv

Edited by BenBu
there is no perfect pass wakeboard pro in the options list,but can you still get it?

You can, but the boat will come with Malibu's stock speed control that may work just fine for you.

What are the main differences between the PP digital pro and PP wakeboard pro?We only use it for wakeboarding so i guess i do not need a three event system.

Digital Pro is used for skiing in the course, you don't need it on a wakeboard boat.

last year i ordered the standard speed control with full ballast and an extra 800lbs and 4 people,the boat had some troubles keeping a constant speed.Now i heard some good stories about the acme 1235 about better holeshot etc....but will it keep the boat at a constant speed in combination with the standard speed control?

I would try the stock system first, you can always add PP later if it doesn't work to your liking (verify that with your dealer prior to ordering). Propping down may do what you need.

no more hatch in the 07 fiberglass swimplatform?

I believe that's true for the power wedge, not sure on the free floating version.

can you order a acme 1235 from the factory?

I doubt it, but you may want to ask your dealer. Malibu has been doing some odd things with propping their boats from the factory.

hi Ben

Did you sold your wakesetter vlx (2006) already??

My sunsetter is sold last week.

I also going to order the new wakesetter vlx (you are rigt the vtx is to small + the vlx is only 3000euro more)

Gr Sandor

hi sandor...congrats.

i brought my vlx back to the dealer(deba) and ordered a 07 with a lot of options ,solid black with only 2 extreme green stripes Crazy.gif

Deba is going to order 7 boats this week,you might save some cash if you decide to make it 8.They need to work fast because of the boatshow in dusseldorf,delivery will take about 3 months.

I wished the 07 i-spec was online.i photoshopped my example.

anyway good luck negotiating about the new boat..

I sure like my 2007 VLX! No problems holding speed at all using only the factory cruise. I have the 1235 prop and the new Monsoon with the ETX CATS. We weight it like an aircraft carrier. Our last boat had perfect pass and I don't miss it at all with the new software for the Malibu Cruise.