Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Features for 2020 Models - Speculations?

weekender

10 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

If you don’t like it, save some money and buy direct from gatorstep. They have 3 or 4 patterns you can choose from. That said, a floor pattern is getting up there with first world problems. 

Exactly what i did:)

• Like 1
9 hours ago, SkiSam said:

That rendering probably doesn't do it justice, but from what it looks like in those photos, I'm not a fan :(

why?

• Like 1
16 hours ago, bcoppess23 said:

I am glad they have a 23' MXZ now... it will be harder to go with an LSV now...

Curious to see why you think it would be harder to go with the LSV now. The MXZ was never on our radar due to the smaller cabin (because the bow is bigger), the walk through transom and the pickle fork design. We tie up as much as we surf/wakeboard and my wife would have hated the walk trough for laying out. This is also completely personal preference on my end but I am not a fan of the pickle fork design. I prefer more traditional boat lines.

Edited by rsutton1223
  • Like 3
41 minutes ago, rsutton1223 said:

Curious to see why you think it would be harder to go with the LSV now. The MXZ was never on our radar due to the smaller cabin (because the bow is bigger), the walk through transom and the pickle fork design. We tie up as much as we surf/wakeboard and my wife would have hated the walk trough for laying out. This is also completely personal preference on my end but I am not a fan of the pickle fork design. I prefer more traditional boat lines.

Price point.  The gap between a 23 LSV and a 24 MXZ / 25 LSV is big.  This will slot right between those boats and may draw some buyers up that like those features you don't prefer.  We would be one of them - we like the bow and really prefer the walk through.  Could never swing a 24 and the 22 didn't feel like that much of a size change from where we are currently.  

16 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

Price point.  The gap between a 23 LSV and a 24 MXZ / 25 LSV is big.  This will slot right between those boats and may draw some buyers up that like those features you don't prefer.  We would be one of them - we like the bow and really prefer the walk through.  Could never swing a 24 and the 22 didn't feel like that much of a size change from where we are currently.  

What is the gap going to be between the 23 LSV and the 23 MXZ?  The 23 MXZ has to be quite a bit higher I would think.  Wasn't the 22 MXZ right in line, if not a little bit more than the 23 LSV?

28 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

1 hour ago, rsutton1223 said:

Similar points as @Five Cent Worth stated.  The 24 MXZ and 25 LSV are massive boats for my needs.  I personally had a 23 LSV and love that size of a boat, compared to my current VLX.  However, I help at a few Wake The World events each year and have other people in and out of my boat that, the walk over is a nice touch.  The 22 MXZ rear cabin was marginally larger than my current 21.5 VLX.  The sundeck does not concern me as there is a filler cushion that can sit in place of the walk through for those few times we are tied up floating.  If we are on the boat, we are typically doing something behind the boat - very little floating.  While you may gain a few inches on the 23 LSV in the rear cabin, I can only assume that the 23 MXZ gained more room compared to the 22 MXZ in the rear cabin.  That is typically how they are done on all Malibu / Axis boats.  I personally prefer the traditional bow but there are features that Malibu refuses to bring to the traditional bow boat that make the MXZ more compelling for our desires.  Another item on the MXZ I like is the storage in the front of the bow for an anchor or ropes.

3 hours ago, Five Cent Worth said:

Bingo, this is exactly why Malibu makes two completely different boats.  I personally love the design of the MXZ, when cruising the the most popular spot on the boat is in the bow.  I would have strongly considered the 23 if that would have been around last year.

On 6/26/2019 at 12:05 PM, gregtay said:

Another look at the new floor pattern.  Can't tell if I like the change our not. In the photos I have seen it makes the floor/cabin of the 23 look small.

floor.JPG.c901954b59cc29fcf2f5afc7df778c52.JPG

The interior on that boat is brutal IMO. The colors aren't bad and I love the tan look but one too many colors the dark brown should match the tan. When are the ppl that design these going to realize the patchwork quilt look is out!

Edited by Chappy
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, bcoppess23 said:

Similar points as @Five Cent Worth stated.  The 24 MXZ and 25 LSV are massive boats for my needs.  I personally had a 23 LSV and love that size of a boat, compared to my current VLX.  However, I help at a few Wake The World events each year and have other people in and out of my boat that, the walk over is a nice touch.  The 22 MXZ rear cabin was marginally larger than my current 21.5 VLX.  The sundeck does not concern me as there is a filler cushion that can sit in place of the walk through for those few times we are tied up floating.  If we are on the boat, we are typically doing something behind the boat - very little floating.  While you may gain a few inches on the 23 LSV in the rear cabin, I can only assume that the 23 MXZ gained more room compared to the 22 MXZ in the rear cabin.  That is typically how they are done on all Malibu / Axis boats.  I personally prefer the traditional bow but there are features that Malibu refuses to bring to the traditional bow boat that make the MXZ more compelling for our desires.  Another item on the MXZ I like is the storage in the front of the bow for an anchor or ropes.

One other thing, I do not know the exact cabin dimensions so don't blow me up but I have heard on here several times that the cabin on a 23 LSV is about the same as a 24 MXZ and I find that hard to believe.  I have been in a 2018 LSV and the cabin feels quite a bit smaller than my MXZ, the 24 MXZ has the best of both IMO, big cabin and big bow.

2 minutes ago, Chappy said:

The interior on that boat is brutal IMO. The colors aren't bad and I love the tan look but one too many colors the dark brown match the tan. When are the ppl that design these going to realize the patchwork quilt look is out!

Agree, and exactly why I convinced my wife to do a mostly solid interior this time around.  I think people (and dealers ordering these things) figure you can pick different colors for each panel so that is what you are suppose to do :-O.)

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Chappy said:

why?

Not a fan of the exterior lines. That line forward of the Malibu logo just looks out of place to me.

Definitely would like to surf it though, I'm thinking it'll surf like a 23LSV with an added bow bag.

9 hours ago, NAW said:

Sales numbers and customer demand/requests say differently in regards to what's in and what's 'out'.  There's a butt for every seat! 

We try and design boats for stock that are both attractive for a showroom buyer and can also show off some possibilities for our custom order clients.  Sometimes, we miss the mark, but most of the time....we do alright. ;-)  

In regards to the soft grip flooring mentioned above, both the Boulder builds in question are factory flooring.  Some cool factory options for different soft grip colors are going to be available this upcoming year as well.

Great to hear they will offer custom SeaDeck colors this year.  And your boats always look great (and we used a few for inspiration for our design.)  For me the solid interior just looked better this year (no idea why.. maybe simply because every boat we say at dealers and the boat show was that way and were were brainwashed into thinking it is cool... exactly the same way my wife got brainwashed into thinking Azure Blue Met was the coolest color on the planet and we had to have it (just like everyone had to have it in 1985 on their Searay's... Azure was everywhere (press photo boats, malibu dealer showroom, Mastercraft showroom, etc... and I guess the marketing worked 'cause we ended up with an Azure boat :-O.  Maybe next year the color will be orange!)

5 hours ago, SkiSam said:

Not a fan of the exterior lines. That line forward of the Malibu logo just looks out of place to me.

Definitely would like to surf it though, I'm thinking it'll surf like a 23LSV with an added bow bag.

Really? The lines look pretty close to the 19 24 MXZ.

1 hour ago, gregtay said:

I don't think we knew there was a new M240.

Ummmm.... that's the word on the street here in Aus. We were relying on you guys in the US to prove it though......:biggrin:

3 minutes ago, Lesslumpy said:

Demoed a 2020 MXZ23 and will be ready for pickup in the morning, hopefully have it in the water by noon to surprise the kids!  Traded my 2000 LSV23 so it's going to take a bit to figure out all the gadgets and stuff. one ting for sure... it has amazing power.

I was waiting and hoping for them to go back to the GM based engine, just didn't want to buy the first year run. (learned my lesson a few with cars/ trucks). Did notice a 17"+ prop while measuring bunks for a new lift. The dash is very user friendly... some auto manufactures should take notice! Front/ rear cameras, wireless phone charging, front and rear lights on the anchor light pylon and so much more...probably going to have to read the manual. 

BTW, special thanks to Dan and the Flightcraft crew for getting this for before the 4th of July week.... you guys rock!!!:rockon:

Congrats! Can't wait to see photos.  I assume the M6di is the base motor in that boat?

2 hours ago, AussieSkier said:

Ummmm.... that's the word on the street here in Aus. We were relying on you guys in the US to prove it though......:biggrin:

Or any one know anything about the new 20VTX hull?