Jump to content

 

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
weekender

New Features for 2020 Models - Speculations?

Recommended Posts

weekender

hi all,

 

just was thinking with all the recent additions / enhancements to the boats these last 5 years, how much better can these boats get?

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts as to what they would like to see or think would be beneficial to add? or if they actually know if certain enhancements will actually be made we'd love to know!

Something i think so far that should definitely be added as an option:

Need:

- cool touch vinyl in all the currently available colors

- bow/stern thrusters option? (or DockStar type solution like mastercraft) - allow steering in reverse

- numbers on power wedge 'clicks'.  - really a software update but they could easily do this and it would be way easier to reference the wedge positions

Wants:

- motorized bimini?

- some how get more storage through maybe a deeper hull bow to stern?

- anchor storage in front?

- go pro attachment option on stern with ability to connect//control via helm screen similar to nautique 

 

- improvements to surf band - front back song, adjust the sensitivity for volume control

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chappy
2 hours ago, weekender said:

- numbers on power wedge 'clicks'.  - really a software update but they could easily do this and it would be way easier to reference the wedge positions

I am all about this, it is pain to try and communicate to the driver where you want the wedge while surfing.  Especially when you forget the Surfband...which I have never done;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Hulk
Posted (edited)

Agree some sort of surf-band improvement that makes it so folks want or "can" use it with some kind of notification on back of boat, maybe a few simple LEDs to represent clicks,  or a digital screen like pavati? haha

i would think a digital watch would be cool instead, or a cheaper/simple solution to integrate voice-over into speakers where some sexy woman calls out your new speed or wedge position via sound. Not sure how that will go over with the hearing impaired? discrimination lawsuit? ha

center table that powers up from the floor! 

Motorized bimini would be nice for when you need to go under bridge, currently you dont gain much at least on the g4 when lowering as the back sticks back up so you gain maybe 10-12" without pulling bimini inward,

RACKS: come on PTM its been like how many years and we dont have motorized self-leveling pivoting racks that level out when you lower tower for bridge clearance as well motor inward and while were at it upward for those with narrow boat lifts! I mean whats $3k for a set of racks anymore...chump change., step it up we could use a pair of motorized 8-10k PTM racks for a motorized tower now! 

oh and the 2020  27lsv w/ 10ft beam to put all this stuff on, i mean the 25 is getting cramped and now i've been trumped by some Ri257s...

 

Edited by The Hulk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dreamlifeoc1

Would like to see the in floor cooler like nautique. the placement under the rear starboard seats is cumbersome with passengers and there is little wiggle room to get the cooler in and out without jacking up the underneath vinyl. wider transom walk thru, better way to get into the back of the boat via the walk thru that is not on the flip side of the left and right rear seats (more on the center), rear transom remote that allows you to scroll thru playlist, and get rid of the carpet floors. geez no one sells boats with carpet anymore! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gregtay
11 hours ago, weekender said:

hi all,

 

just was thinking with all the recent additions / enhancements to the boats these last 5 years, how much better can these boats get?

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts as to what they would like to see or think would be beneficial to add? or if they actually know if certain enhancements will actually be made we'd love to know!

Something i think so far that should definitely be added as an option:

Need:

- cool touch vinyl in all the currently available colors

- bow/stern thrusters option? (or DockStar type solution like mastercraft) - allow steering in reverse

- numbers on power wedge 'clicks'.  - really a software update but they could easily do this and it would be way easier to reference the wedge positions

Wants:

- motorized bimini?

- some how get more storage through maybe a deeper hull bow to stern?

- anchor storage in front?

- go pro attachment option on stern with ability to connect//control via helm screen similar to nautique 

 

- improvements to surf band - front back song, adjust the sensitivity for volume control

Malibu does offer a GoPro mount option (saw it in the list) but obviously no connection.

i think the whole Malibu dash is overdue for a major update(when comparing to other new models.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bbattiste247

i think the whole Malibu dash is overdue for a major update(when comparing to other new models.) THIS IS A MUST!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eagleboy99

What I'd like to see is an old skool dash (sans LCD screens) - I know that is tougher for the ballasted boats, but all that electronics in a Response?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LucasC
Posted (edited)

I believe there is a new dash for 2020 . i would like to see some detail in the  armrest like in the G , I was told the M235 is getting a facelift

Edited by LucasC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Capdoogie

I like all above.   So how about laser guide coupled to your trailer that’s steers your boat perfectly in.  I know sounds crazy but for the cost of these boats compared to auto park cars it’s not out of the ball park😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ahopkinsVTX
1 hour ago, Eagleboy99 said:

What I'd like to see is an old skool dash (sans LCD screens) - I know that is tougher for the ballasted boats, but all that electronics in a Response?

They already offer a basic dash in the response. It’s the standard edition, then the open edition gives you the touch screen and a few other things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
carguy79ta
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, hethj7 said:

Is this thread even for real?  Half the items mentioned already exist and the other half are just ridiculous.  

Numbers to reference wedge position would be an easy software update you would think.  Good idea there.  

The in floor cooler is either hated or loved.  I am enjoying the cooler cabinet in the 25LSV so far.  

I have the in floor cooler..we never use it. Dont hate it tho.

 

 

 

Edited by carguy79ta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cory

I think a new dash is overdue.  The following updates would be nice:

1) numbers or letters added to the wedge position to facilitate clear communication between the rider and driver (easy fix and should have been done long ago)

2) independent volume knobs for master volume and tower volume (I can accept software volume control over interior zone and sub, since I don't adjust those as often)

3) GoPro integration

4) revise the surf band so the rider has feedback on actual wedge position and boat speed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chappy
4 hours ago, Cory said:

I think a new dash is overdue.  The following updates would be nice:

1) numbers or letters added to the wedge position to facilitate clear communication between the rider and driver (easy fix and should have been done long ago)

2) independent volume knobs for master volume and tower volume (I can accept software volume control over interior zone and sub, since I don't adjust those as often)

3) GoPro integration

4) revise the surf band so the rider has feedback on actual wedge position and boat speed

All of these!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hethj7

I agree, the touchscreen, especially with wet hands, is clunky for volume controls.  I prefer a knob as well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chappy

An option for a LED backlit Malibu logo would be pretty sexy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
agarabaghi
On 6/12/2019 at 10:04 AM, LucasC said:

I believe there is a new dash for 2020 . i would like to see some detail in the  armrest like in the G , I was told the M235 is getting a facelift

same. and axis might be getting the old dash? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ConnollyCrew
On 6/12/2019 at 9:04 AM, LucasC said:

I believe there is a new dash for 2020 . i would like to see some detail in the  armrest like in the G , I was told the M235 is getting a facelift

Facelift may not be correct here.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TenTwentyOne
8 minutes ago, ConnollyCrew said:

Facelift may not be correct here.....

The dealer here is under the assumption it is being dropped.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they did drop it, and introduced a 23 MXZ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hethj7

How about a transom remote that can actually skip tracks??   I don’t know why Malibu overthinks the stereos and can’t have functionality that is so straightforward.  

 

 

4DF9EC3E-E7A1-43BB-993C-DBB819DC7D2F.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cptotr
1 hour ago, hethj7 said:

How about a transom remote that can actually skip tracks??   I don’t know why Malibu overthinks the stereos and can’t have functionality that is so straightforward.  

 

 

4DF9EC3E-E7A1-43BB-993C-DBB819DC7D2F.jpeg

I agree. I feel like I have to keep my watch on when we’re hanging out behind the boat just so I can skip tracks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zac450720

When exactly does the speculation turn to fact? I know they say July 1st is the new model year but when do they actually release everything to the public.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chappy
2 hours ago, Zac450720 said:

When exactly does the speculation turn to fact? I know they say July 1st is the new model year but when do they actually release everything to the public.

Unfortunately Malibu is horrible at this, they keep that information more secure than Ft Knox. The worst part is they start taking orders before they even release that info.  I got burned by this last year as 2 month after I ordered my boat they announced a ton of new features. So stupid!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LucasC

I have a friend in Miami who's holding off ordering a 2020 G23 as he is under the impression that both Malibu and Nautique are bringing out a brand new super surf model boat . The Only thing he knows is if he orders G23 it has a new top deck with rear seats like the GS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zac450720
21 hours ago, Chappy said:

Unfortunately Malibu is horrible at this, they keep that information more secure than Ft Knox. The worst part is they start taking orders before they even release that info.  I got burned by this last year as 2 month after I ordered my boat they announced a ton of new features. So stupid!

Yeah my dealer has me a bit confused. I’m looking to order a 2020 but I’m not sure when the best time to do that and have the option for any new features.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...