Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Features for 2020 Models - Speculations?

weekender

As relevant as the jibe about 8 track players.  You know, before all this touch screen junk, people managed perfectly well.  And every third post seems to be about failing electronics far too sophisticated for purpose.  What does that tell you?

23 hours ago, cptotr said:

Doesn’t look to have the bow ladder either. 

Dealer said no bow ladder option. Not sure if that's true but not a deal breaker. I usually turn it around at the sand bar to hear the tunes anyways

11 minutes ago, Lesslumpy said:

Dealer said no bow ladder option. Not sure if that's true but not a deal breaker. I usually turn it around at the sand bar to hear the tunes anyways

We rarely use ours. I could take it or leave it. 

My last (20yo)boat had a working tach, bilge, nav lights, radio and perfect pass. Let the dealer or next owner worry about all the brokenness... Before the 5 year warranty is up, time to unload. There is no way I'm fixing anything like a car truck or boat anymore... Too complicated!

4 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

As relevant as the jibe about 8 track players.  You know, before all this touch screen junk, people managed perfectly well.  And every third post seems to be about failing electronics far too sophisticated for purpose.  What does that tell you?

This is a total get off my lawn response.  Do you still have a Nokia cell phone?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So, when I was jumping around the 23 at the dealership on Friday, the Android icon can allow you to download apps and connect to WiFi which allows a dealer to remote in and run diagnostics.  The walk over is "shallower" and the sundeck doesn't have the latches that the 22 and 24 MXZ have - simply just lift up.  It also doesn't require the middle back seat to be lift up to reach the motor.  For someone that may wrench on their motor, it provides less room to get in there and work.  The flip-down seat backs on the side that we have seen pictures of, they have little "pockets" under them to put things like a phone, sunscreen, glasses, etc.  I also noticed there are more phone holders than I have ever seen in a boat.  So much for a cup holder pulling double duty anymore.

I agree with others, this boat may be the next 23 LSV. 

One other thing... they have pushed more volume to the speakers - finally.  These things will get significantly louder than the '19s with the same setup. 

52 minutes ago, IXFE said:

The factory stereo is improved this year....?  Oh goodie!!!

/sarcasm

how much louder could it really get?

only thing id imagine is it getting louder on the tower speakers if you want to ride and really hear the music over the engine noise surfing or boarding farther back.

11 minutes ago, weekender said:

only thing id imagine is it getting louder on the tower speakers if you want to ride and really hear the music over the engine noise surfing or boarding farther back.

You and I must have two different ideas of loud!!! 😁😎

8 minutes ago, Sparky450 said:

i found playing music from USB instead of bluetooth on the 19s get you easily 25% more volume. good enough for me although i rarely max the music

And if it is played hard a person should be connecting these stereos with the usb. There is too much loss via Bluetooth👍🏻

Edited by Sparky450
4 minutes ago, weekender said:

i found playing music from USB instead of bluetooth on the 19s get you easily 25% more volume. good enough for me although i rarely max the music

It’s not always about quantity, although that’s part of it...

B4A50E10-21EB-4ED3-8C85-098586A27C65.gif

4 minutes ago, Sparky450 said:

And if it is played hard a person should be connecting these stereos with the usb. There is too much loss via Bluetooth👍🏻

Plus no 🦗🦗🦗 over USB

On 6/30/2019 at 7:40 PM, cptotr said:

We rarely use ours. I could take it or leave it. 

Kids use ours all the time but not having it wouldn't be a deal breaker.

8 hours ago, weekender said:

7 hours ago, Sparky450 said:

My wife is always telling me to turn it down as it is!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
17 hours ago, bcoppess23 said:

One other thing... they have pushed more volume to the speakers - finally.  These things will get significantly louder than the '19s with the same setup. 

Yes, very loud. Connected by BT there is no loss in volume.  Hands down... Louder than a 2018 Axis 24 I've been on at 75%. Wich is insanely loud enough. 

On 6/28/2019 at 8:05 PM, ahopkinsVTX said:

It’s shaped like a boat hull. 

Anything more than that? - It would look nice if it had the same or similar lines to the new LSV25