Jump to content

 

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
hethj7

Who says Malibu doesn’t pay attention to details? Check out the trailer lights

Recommended Posts

Sparky450
Posted (edited)

I believe that is an option. Mine does not do that. 

But it is really cool!! 

Edited by Sparky450

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gregtay
25 minutes ago, Sparky450 said:

I believe that is an option. Mine does not do that. 

But it is really cool!! 

Correct, it is a $277 option (no clue why they wouldn’t make this standard to promote their brand a little with something cool!) I get charging for some stuff... but almost $300 for this cool little branding feature? That’s when I think they get a little ridiculous with their pricing.

other cool trailer options that very few people order:

Integrated tool box : $535

Hidden wheel chock: $139

shadow sun lighting: $277

Runway lighting: $463

Electric brakes: $2675

Bow Step $277

Galvanized axles $552

That’s not even getting into color options and wheel options. Basically you can spend a ton in trailer upgrades!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hethj7

Well, now I see it on the build sheet.  Guess I never knew quite what all I was paying for when taking a boat off the dealer lot.  Hidden wheel chock?  That may be worth it but my build didn’t have that box checked.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
braindamage

Cool, but no way I’d pay $300. Maybe I’m just cheap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hethj7

I wouldn’t normally check the box either.  But apparently I paid it since it is on the build sheet. Being a stock boat I paid more attention to the major options I wanted - the overall price was right and the wife loved the colors, so discussion of sun logos never came up. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ahopkinsVTX

Yeah that is very cool, I didn't go with it though either. The glow of the white LED on the ground from the standard lighting is quite nice and helps backing into the driveway at night!

I don't get the complaints about having all of these options. They are options, don't select it if you won't want it lol. I'd rather have individual options to select exactly what I want rather than being cornered into a package with a bunch of stuff I don't want to get one thing I want, like on cars and trucks...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
granddaddy55

It’s like my wife’s pony in the ground from her GT,

nice option , but if I’m seeing it, I’m getting bit by bugs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmack
14 hours ago, gregtay said:

Correct, it is a $277 option (no clue why they wouldn’t make this standard to promote their brand a little with something cool!) I get charging for some stuff... but almost $300 for this cool little branding feature? That’s when I think they get a little ridiculous with their pricing.

other cool trailer options that very few people order:

Integrated tool box : $535

Hidden wheel chock: $139

shadow sun lighting: $277

Runway lighting: $463

Electric brakes: $2675

Bow Step $277

Galvanized axles $552

That’s not even getting into color options and wheel options. Basically you can spend a ton in trailer upgrades!

 

 

$2600 for electric brakes!!!:shocked: That's ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eagleboy99

5K in TRAILER options, huh?  P.T. Barnum was right!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gregtay
9 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Yeah that is very cool, I didn't go with it though either. The glow of the white LED on the ground from the standard lighting is quite nice and helps backing into the driveway at night!

I don't get the complaints about having all of these options. They are options, don't select it if you won't want it lol. I'd rather have individual options to select exactly what I want rather than being cornered into a package with a bunch of stuff I don't want to get one thing I want, like on cars and trucks...

I don't think there was any complaining.. I think the options are cool.  I do think casting the Malibu logo on the ground should be standard and something Malibu does just to make their trailers a little special and promote their brand. Just seems silly to make people pay for that one.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hethj7
10 minutes ago, gregtay said:

I don't think there was any complaining.. I think the options are cool.  I do think casting the Malibu logo on the ground should be standard and something Malibu does just to make their trailers a little special and promote their brand. Just seems silly to make people pay for that one.  

So, the presumed downside of this - there is a cover plate under the fender with the cutouts in it.  I had a marker lamp not working and reached under there thinking it may just be unplugged but found the cover plate in the way.  That is not how my 2016 trailer was.  I assume without the ground logos that plate would not be installed and wiring access would be better. No complaints, but just a realization that nothing is ever perfect.  They could probably find a different way to cast the logos though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ahopkinsVTX
45 minutes ago, gregtay said:

I don't think there was any complaining.. I think the options are cool.  I do think casting the Malibu logo on the ground should be standard and something Malibu does just to make their trailers a little special and promote their brand. Just seems silly to make people pay for that one.  

You weren’t. I’m sorry, a lot of times people do complain that everything is an option and say this or that should be standard but don’t get that it will just inflate the base msrp so I jumped to a conclusion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gavin17
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Yeah that is very cool, I didn't go with it though either. The glow of the white LED on the ground from the standard lighting is quite nice and helps backing into the driveway at night!

I don't get the complaints about having all of these options. They are options, don't select it if you won't want it lol. I'd rather have individual options to select exactly what I want rather than being cornered into a package with a bunch of stuff I don't want to get one thing I want, like on cars and trucks...

I agree. My wife just got a car. The packages were driving us nuts. 

Edited by Gavin17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...