Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
Lakemurrayskier

Livorsi Throttle replacement - 2014 23 LSV

Lakemurrayskier

Has anyone swapped out their Livorsi throttle assembly themselves or is this a dealer only project?  Boat failed this weekend and almost left me stranded with what appears to be the same issue that several others have had on here with the throttle assembly.  I've swapped the forward and reverse solenoids and it didnt' appear to fix the issue, so it looks like replacing the Livorsi throttle assembly is next.  Just curious if anyone else has done this as a DIY project or if this is a dealer only project?

symptoms - popping out of gear sporadically (tanks full/tanks empty/cruising/pulling/idling) while engine continues to rev up. Also no response from "Start Engine" button one time too b/c I think it thought it was in gear even though it wasn't.  Finally got it to start after messing with the throttle. 

oldjeep

It is super simple to replace the throttle assembly.  Couple of screws and a couple of electrical plugs.  The painful part is paying for it.

Lakemurrayskier
15 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

It is super simple to replace the throttle assembly.  Couple of screws and a couple of electrical plugs.  The painful part is paying for it.

Thank You Sir.  Hoping this will fix my issue since it's been happening on and off since I picked it up last season.

oldjeep
Posted (edited)

FWIW - might be able to get away cheap if you buy this old centurian one and just re-use your knob.  You would want to make sure though that there wasn't a revision at some point that you care about

https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/livorsi-boat-throttle-control-eec0008296-ski-centurion-side-mount?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=1o2&scid=scplp1068433&sc_intid=1068433&gclid=CjwKCAjw27jnBRBuEiwAdjQXDIoekTxajFqEO2pOI72k7_f4TGL3FHDRgaigPjn1iMHjHLXoMBmO_RoC8oIQAvD_BwE

Edit - actually that one wouldn't work.  Malibu uses 2 connectors

Edited by oldjeep

Lakemurrayskier

Just a quick update in case anyone has the same issue.  I had the my dealer check it out,  ohm out the solenoids, check the transmission, and a few other things to verify the throttle assembly was my problem.  Their mechanic evidently called Malibu and Malibu engineer told him the fix was to replace the Livorsi assembly.  Problem is that they had issues with 2013 and 2014 models but they are the only ones that can be used according to Malibu factory.  So those of us out of warranty are stuck buying the new Throttle assembly with a risk of it happening again.  

My symptoms were:

Popping out of gear at any speed with tanks full or empty

Engine continues to rev and jump back in gear

Periodic button to "Start Engine" giving no response b/c it thought it was in gear

End result is it would not come out of neutral and leave you stranded trying to get it to engage.

Good Luck - hope it helps someone else diagnose the proplem without too much money being spent.

Lance B. Johnson

Thanks for the post.  I have a replacement Livorsi less then a year old that is failing.  Mine is a 2011 that was originally equipped with a ZF that failed.  Sounds like the Livorsi isn't much better.  Not encouraged by your post.

Lakemurrayskier

Sorry to hear. Still waiting on it to ship from Livorsi to the dealer. Good luck with yours.