Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
Mazeing5

Low Voltage Reading on Maliview

Mazeing5
Posted (edited)

I have a 2009 Wakesetter LSV. I have had a constant voltage issue that the Maliview system sees compared to what the other battery operated components in the boat see. Maliview shows .8 to 1 Volt lower than any other place I have checked in the boat. I have checked the pins going right in the viper unit and they show the same voltage on the batteries but Maliview still shows .8  to 1 volt lower. 

When the stereo is pulling the most current it will drop the voltage and I get the "Low Voltage Alarm". I think I would be fine if the boat was seeing the 13.8 to 14.3 volts my stereo and other components see. 

Is there someplace else I could check voltage to see what is being sent to the computer? 

Edited by Mazeing5

BSUBU_Kris

I have a 2010 LSV and have the exact same issue.  I get 12.6V pretty much every where I check including the voltage at the back of the key.  When I turn to accessory the voltage stays the same.  When I turn the key on and not start the boat the voltage might drop from 12.6V to 12.5V everywhere except the back of the key.  At that point the voltage there is about 1V lower than everywhere else and the voltage gage also reads the same as the back of the key being about 1V lower than  everywhere else.  Can the ignition switch go bad? 

I then often get the low voltage warning if I have all the pumps on and the stereo with the engine running.  Very annoying.

Open for pointers on the next step.

Mazeing5

I ran a new 0 gauge wire from my alternator to the starter on the positive wire.  I also upgraded to all 0 gauge wire on all my battery to Perko Switch connections and so far my voltage is now reading at 13.9 to 14.4. I have never seen that high of voltage on the Maliview. 

BSUBU_Kris

Thanks for the update.  Do you have 2 batteries with the 1, 2, 1+2, off switch? 

Did you leave the same negative wires from the battery?

Was the alternator wire already a 0 gauge wire or did you upgrade that wire size also?

Thanks!

Mazeing5

I have 3 batteries with the 1, 2 1+2, off switch. Position 2 goes to two group 29's in parallel and 1 goes to a single group 29.  I have tested it on both positions 1 and 2 and my voltage is 14v on both on the Maliview.  I left the original wire that runs about 5 feet from the alternator to the starter (8 gauge)  I just added a 0 gauge for power 5 feet from alt to the starter. Be careful when you when messing with the starter post it is copper and tapered and easy to damage the threads. The wire from the starter to the batteries is 2 gauge. I left that.

On the battery connections, I left the 2 gauge original wire running from the starter to the switch and the 2 gauge wire running over to the driver side that powers everything there. I replaced power and ground on everything going from the batteries to the switch as well as my amp wall. They were 2 gauge and now it is all 0.

Years ago I had to crimp on a new fitting for the orange alternator wire because it broke off due to corrosion so it is possible that whole wire was bad and not conducting well. 

If none of this makes since PM me and we can talk on the phone if you want. I know this issue frustrated me until I got it fixed.