Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Chathamsolutions has his 04 LSV FOR SALE ???

stewart

The only thing I would really love about the 247 is the surfing wake.

Having to clean the extra vinyl and gelcoat is NOT something I'd look forward to. The Ninja gig wasn't good enough to provide me with a hired helping hand at the end of the day...

I'm a 23 LSV man through and through.

Believe me, if you rode the boarding wake you might say the same thing. :)

Ya right. And then my foot would look like yours :)

07 23 LSV?

We'll have to see. I've got to buy a new truck first - that'll be $50K. Pulling that off AND a new LSV before next summer would be tight. It would just be a matter of time though.

Frankly, I haven't gotten a call yet - I know it's only been one day. But really, if I can't get the minimum amount I'm willing to let her go for, I'll just keep it.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chathamsolutions

• stewart

• SacRiverRat

• WakeGirl

The only thing I would really love about the 247 is the surfing wake.

Having to clean the extra vinyl and gelcoat is NOT something I'd look forward to. The Ninja gig wasn't good enough to provide me with a hired helping hand at the end of the day...

I'm a 23 LSV man through and through.

Believe me, if you rode the boarding wake you might say the same thing. :)

Ya right. And then my foot would look like yours :)

That's only if you screw up like I did. That one was all on me & I don't blame the 247 at all (of course Stewart may not let me back behind it :lol:).

I wish they made the Suburban in a diesel. But as of today, they don't

:(

Supposedly never will. The Suburban 2500 frame and the Chevy HD frame are different enough that they could not mount the Isuzu without re-working the whole thing.

The alternative, the Excursion diesel was dropped last year completely.

I wish they made the Suburban in a diesel. But as of today, they don't

:(

Supposedly never will. The Suburban 2500 frame and the Chevy HD frame are different enough that they could not mount the Isuzu without re-working the whole thing.

The alternative, the Excursion diesel was dropped last year completely.

The only thing I can reveal is that when we changed over to the new 900 style SUV, the conveyor was built to be able to add a diesel in the mix along with a hybrid. Last I heard the diesel was still on hold.

Hey Andy,

You wanna start doing my internet ads for me? Very informative and thorough...I'm impressed.

I don't think you could afford his hourly rate...... Not the $$ but the hours :lol:

Maybe you can answer this question, can the front clip from the 2500 HD fit a Suburban on the line?

*****Hijack on*****

Yes you can put a duramax in a suburban. So now I ask why GM can't get er' done.

*****Hijack off*****

With the duramax in the suburban, does that eliminate the necessity of lifting the hood after each use to let the motor cool? Just curious Dontknow.gif

Maybe you can answer this question, can the front clip from the 2500 HD fit a Suburban on the line?

*****Hijack on*****

Yes you can put a duramax in a suburban. So now I ask why GM can't get er' done.

*****Hijack off*****

With the duramax in the suburban, does that eliminate the necessity of lifting the hood after each use to let the motor cool? Just curious Dontknow.gif

No, I would submit to you that with the increase of HP/TQ you'll need to be ever so vigilant. :)

*****Hijack on*****

*****Hijack off*****

That's just freakin' awesome. ROFL.gifROFL.gif

Are you talking about the Classic Truck or the New Silverado?? Wasn't the only difference on the old style 2500 HD pickup and the old style Suburbans front sheet metal the bump in the hood IF you had the Diesel or the 8.1?

OK - we are a little off topic, but you guys were talking about diesel Suburbans.

Anyhow - in the last model my understanding from talking with a few GM engineers was that the 2500 HD (the models that could be ordered with the diesel) had a different frame. They also had a different front clip, doors and even the windshield rake was different.

So I was curious, in order to the Isuzu diesel in the GMT 900's they would need an interchangeable frame as well as front clip.

I've never heard of the cab differences in the old style trucks, only that there was some restriction in the engine compartment that would have to be changed for the diesel on the Suburban. There were several different frames for the Suburban, we even built one with rear steering. I own a 2500HD and a Tahoe (both '04's) and don't see a difference. I would be surprised if GM would design two similar models that were that different. BICBW

It would be my guess that the 900 3/4 SUV was designed for the diesel. It has a different frame and suspension than the 1/2 tons do. It still has the torsion bar suspension as opposed to the coil over system.

We'll need to take this part of the discussion to a new thread to respect the OP's original intention of ribbing Chatamsolutions....

We'll need to take this part of the discussion to a new thread to respect the OP's original intention of ribbing Chathamsolutions....

:)

Back on topic. Andy, your going to get a new tow vehicle, so that is the reason for selling your BU? Dontknow.gif

Can't you make two monthly payments? :)

Edited by stewart

Yea, why are you selling anyway? Couldn't make it to a crew event, so you might as well sell yer boat? Tease2.gif

Maybe it is because Tracie didn't need your boat for one day at the rent-a-lake.. Dontknow.gif

Maybe it is your PP issues? Dontknow.gif

I bet it is because you figured you didn't put enough thought into the origional purchase 2 years ago, and have buyers remorse... wishing you had gone w/ Blue & White.. :whistiling:

cummon man - what is up?

Edited by SacRiverRat
I bet it is because you figured you didn't put enough thought into the origional purchase 2 years ago, and have buyers remorse... wishing you had gone w/ Blue & White.. Whistling.gif

Yeah, remember that. 1,000 posts before he bought his BU. And then at the last minute, he almost switched to the MB :lol:

My guess he has Newer LSV envy. He realizes his boat is now antiquated and he wants the newer more modern features Whistling.gif

OK - so Andy is getting a 247 because Tracy told him too.

He also is getting a new tow rig that is diesel.

Basically, he is looking to have a heck of a nice Christmas.

You guys are ruthless. Still, I want to see Andy in a 247. :)

Tracie, they only way you're going to see Andy in a 247 will be in a picture at the end of a lengthy (& probably entertaining) story.. Crazy.gif