Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

precision speed control vs Perfect pass

BenBu

I,m not happy with the precision speed control,it does work but it is so slow when weighted down with some extra ballast.I just ordered the acme 1235 and hope it does get better.

Last years PP worked way better IMO.

now would it be possible to install PP on a 06?

there is no throttle cable and what about the gauges?

any info?

ben

I,m not happy with the precision speed control,it does work but it is so slow when weighted down with some extra ballast.I just ordered the acme 1235 and hope it does get better.

Last years PP worked way better IMO.

now would it be possible to install PP on a 06?

there is no throttle cable and what about the gauges?

any info?

ben

I'm not sure about Malibu, but Perfect Pass is available on other Indmar-powered ski boats with throttle-by wire. No servo required, but the boat's ECM apparently has to be re-flashed by the dealer.

I'd call your dealer, but if he doesn't know, I sure wouldn't hesitate to call Perfect Pass. They tend to be VERY helpful and I'm sure they'd be able to give you good information.

Edited by Big Mac
ok so it can be done,i assume without extra gauges and intergrated with the lcd screen.

Yes and No.

Yes it can be done, but Malibu was not able to integrate PP in the LCD display. :(

You'll need the extra PP gauge (swapped with the RPM-gauge) as in the years pre TBW and Precision Speed Control.

Ben, you could have Deba update your ECM before you decide to spend the extra money for PP.

Some issues are solved with the newest software.

(Heinz has to do this on our Response when winterizing next month. We have problems with the speed control as well.)

Edited by Chaabo
Anybody have any more info or pics on the new Zero Off speed control system?

yeah looks kinda cool. from my knowledge of GPS there would surely be a delay and could result in being gassed into the ball Shocking.gif and just cant get my head around it being better and more accurate than PP at the moment. PITA having both in a three event boat. you cant use it for jump. or if we do watch jump scores reduce by tens of feet and maybe even below 200ft, which would be great for the spectators and increasing interest in the sport Crazy.gifCrazy.gif

DBW systems have had a bit of trouble this year and getting the boats to ski any good.

time will tell

Anybody have any more info or pics on the new Zero Off speed control system?

yeah looks kinda cool. from my knowledge of GPS there would surely be a delay and could result in being gassed into the ball Shocking.gif and just cant get my head around it being better and more accurate than PP at the moment. PITA having both in a three event boat. you cant use it for jump. or if we do watch jump scores reduce by tens of feet and maybe even below 200ft, which would be great for the spectators and increasing interest in the sport Crazy.gifCrazy.gif

DBW systems have had a bit of trouble this year and getting the boats to ski any good.

time will tell

The article on waterskimag and on Nichol's looked interesting. Allegedly used 9 satelites, you don't have to plug in skier or crew weight. Just enter in the entrance and exit bouy waypoint and it will calculate ABT. BICBW

I'm paraphasing here, some comments made by the pros stated that it felt like a 'manual pull' and not a 'consistent' pull as with PP'.

Should be really really easy to put a PP in an 06 boat. All you have is your main wiring harness that is plug and play, which feeds PP with power, ground, paddlewheel, and RPM inputs, all prewired by Malibu. Then you have the computer to mount under the dash, the display to throw in, and a cable that runs to the motor, plugs right in. I haven't heard anything about reflashing though. Should only take about 1 - 1.5 hours for a dealer to install, hardest part would be fishing that wire back to the motor.