Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 23 LSV - Is interior lighting standard? White or Colors?


weekender

Recommended Posts

2019 23 LSV - Is interior lighting standard? White or Colors?

I know on the display there is a choice to control lighting, is this standard and is it only white or changes to an ambient blue, or other RGB colors?

 

Thanks!

Link to comment

Yes underwater. I got the options of red or white and @Ronnie says blue also. Might of been an oversite by the salesman when I ordered mine. The trailer runway lights had more color options though. I went with red to cut down on the glare that white light might have caused. Plus I have the Indy Red main panel which would look odd with another color. 

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, G Spot said:

IIRC the factory transom lights are limited to blue or white. Perhaps the red is a dealer install?

Gary is right, factory only offers blue of white for underwater lights 

Edited by IXFE
Link to comment
26 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Gary is right, factory only offers blue of white for underwater lights 

I probably got them mixed up with the trailer lights. At the time I thought blue would be an odd color for my interior lights.

Link to comment
30 minutes ago, wdr said:

I probably got them mixed up with the trailer lights. At the time I thought blue would be an odd color for my interior lights.

Interior lights only come in white from the factory. But some of us have swapped them out for blue, and I think it looks great!!

B8553376-C37B-410E-ADA3-0E59445E30F8.jpeg

Link to comment

Very easy swap too with lead string lights or any kind of led light. You can just tie into the factory lighting at the factory light and everything on the control screens works just as factory, no one will ever know it was a modification. 

Trailer light colors are standard per I believe road laws but the bezel around the light can be color matched to any color offered in the gel. It’s awesome! And cheap!

9DD56541-4ED0-48F7-BA17-BC9859C3B44E.thumb.jpeg.bdf29f418b8d40e78a5a6a7e81d1fda3.jpeg

Turns out this is the best picture I have, thought I had a close up. 

Link to comment
2 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Very easy swap too with lead string lights or any kind of led light. You can just tie into the factory lighting at the factory light and everything on the control screens works just as factory, no one will ever know it was a modification. 

Trailer light colors are standard per I believe road laws but the bezel around the light can be color matched to any color offered in the gel. It’s awesome! And cheap!

9DD56541-4ED0-48F7-BA17-BC9859C3B44E.thumb.jpeg.bdf29f418b8d40e78a5a6a7e81d1fda3.jpeg

Turns out this is the best picture I have, thought I had a close up. 

I think the trailer lights he’s referring to are the runway lights...

08C07281-2D0C-48E5-A6FF-01AD77437AA4.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 2/16/2019 at 8:49 AM, IXFE said:

Interior lights only come in white from the factory. But some of us have swapped them out for blue, and I think it looks great!!

B8553376-C37B-410E-ADA3-0E59445E30F8.jpeg

I think this looks great.  Gary mentioned doing this as well.  No issues seeing in the boat to unload at night?  I assume this is just an easy bulb swap?  Where did you guys buy replacements?  Thanks.

Link to comment
On 2/16/2019 at 11:36 AM, IXFE said:

But since you brought it up @ahopkinsVTX, here’s a better pic of Axure light bezels on a black trailer... 

:rockon:

922A479D-411E-4662-A359-036BEE251536.jpeg

Saw what seemed like the exact same step on a cobalt surf version that also had Cobalt  branded upright surf racks just like the Roswells at the local boat show that had no vdrive inboards  (the racks seemed a little rink y dink , middle spring loaded piece was plastic and the swivel button never seemed to go back in lock position after I swiveled the racks though they seemed locked.  )

i think the cobalt had a dual purpose front seat that did both captain and rear facing by a top cushion that slid forward or back ( think it was the cobalt )

Guessing a Malibu version of the racks is coming , too big for folding towers ? Though  clearance to interior when folded could be an issue 

guessing the step is a technology transfer to the new subsidiary

23 foot cobalt surf was “boat show” priced st $10800.00. , no tower speakers but inboat and I think a sub  . Snap in thatch style floor “mats” looked good and were very serviceable but cheap cheap in appearance .  Leveled out offset walkthrough did look convenient .  Boat looked like a good rough water boat but I sure it will be underwhelming in the surf category 

also ALL CABIN storage was used by ballast tanks !!!! Only good but small storage was in the bow under cushions but with that boat it should stay dry except maybe for hard rains , literally no storage !

Edited by granddaddy55
Link to comment
  • 1 year later...
On 2/16/2019 at 9:49 AM, IXFE said:

Interior lights only come in white from the factory. But some of us have swapped them out for blue, and I think it looks great!!

B8553376-C37B-410E-ADA3-0E59445E30F8.jpeg

This looks amazing. Is this an easy swap?

Anyone know how to swap out the red LSV and 2 WAKESETTER logos for blue? 

Link to comment
10 hours ago, Raleigh said:

This looks amazing. Is this an easy swap?

Anyone know how to swap out the red LSV and 2 WAKESETTER logos for blue? 

I have been trying for a year to get info on how to reach those red logo lights, no luck yet! I have one loose and want to secure it if I could get to them.image.thumb.png.68fa96d7c341b9d2b49d6149d815ea00.png

Edited by dalt1
Link to comment

 

4 hours ago, dalt1 said:

I have been trying for a year to get info on how to reach those red logo lights, no luck yet! I have one loose and want to secure it if I could get to them.image.thumb.png.68fa96d7c341b9d2b49d6149d815ea00.png

Here is a link to a replacement emblem. There's got to be a way to change them out! I am afraid of breaking them or I would try. 

https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/malibu-boat-light-emblem-plate-5992840-1-wakesetter-stainless-steel?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=&scid=scplp1081682&sc_intid=1081682&gclid=Cj0KCQjwlN32BRCCARIsADZ-J4uPraPdjKqL5c27o_y6ZVGGcleg5z9nFxy_OoIbIFBwSMD_Ro_R9ZEaAgQfEALw_wcB

Called Great Lakes Skipper and they had no idea. My dealer didn't know without seeing it so it may be a job for them at my next major service. 

Edited by Raleigh
Link to comment
  • 7 months later...
On 2/16/2019 at 5:26 AM, wdr said:

Yes underwater. I got the options of red or white and @Ronnie says blue also. Might of been an oversite by the salesman when I ordered mine. The trailer runway lights had more color options though. I went with red to cut down on the glare that white light might have caused. Plus I have the Indy Red main panel which would look odd with another color. 

Yep.. mine are blue.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...