Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

hethj7

Towing with GX tower

hethj7

I don’t think I have seen this covered yet, but can you tow with the new GX tower folded?

Tjards

Yes tower folds down, racks fold inward, and then the cover goes over everything.

ahopkinsVTX

Yep, the 24mxz was towed all over the country and Canada last summer forthe riders experience. Thousands of miles 

23LSVOwner
11 hours ago, Tjards said:

Yes tower folds down, racks fold inward, and then the cover goes over everything.

Pay attention to turning the helm seat when lowering/lowered to prevent damage to it.

TenTwentyOne
1 hour ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Pay attention to turning the helm seat when lowering/lowered to prevent damage to it.

Absent minded salesman seem to be struggling with this. 

gregtay
2 hours ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Gotta love that the ability to swivel your helm seat is an option you have to pay for on a 2019. 🤪.... bummer if you order a GX and a non swivel seal!

23LSVOwner
2 hours ago, gregtay said:

Gotta love that the ability to swivel your helm seat is an option you have to pay for on a 2019. 🤪.... bummer if you order a GX and a non swivel seal!

I would think they considered that and made the swivel a forced yes if you selected the Gx?

boardjnky4

No dealer in their right mind would order a boat without a swivel seat. If that happens, it's a mistake.

wdr

It is an option that if missed or not checked won't be standard. When building a boat, the boat builder might default to the GX build options, but I did not get that impression when I was sitting there making mine. I ran into an issue of not being able to order just a single set of Rev-10s, the boat builder accepted the option, but Malibu kicked it back when it got to them.

Tjards
13 hours ago, 23LSVOwner said:

I would think they considered that and made the swivel a forced yes if you selected the Gx?

yes if you click the gx box it will automatically click the box for slide and swivel. And yes always swivel first before folding tower. We have already had one customer tear a skin when he forgot one time.

Cole2001

I guess they should have been like supra and made the seat power move with the tower.