Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Towing with GX tower


Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Tjards said:

Yes tower folds down, racks fold inward, and then the cover goes over everything.

 

Pay attention to turning the helm seat when lowering/lowered to prevent damage to it.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Pay attention to turning the helm seat when lowering/lowered to prevent damage to it.

Gotta love that the ability to swivel your helm seat is an option you have to pay for on a 2019. 🤪.... bummer if you order a GX and a non swivel seal!

Link to comment
2 hours ago, gregtay said:

Gotta love that the ability to swivel your helm seat is an option you have to pay for on a 2019. 🤪.... bummer if you order a GX and a non swivel seal!

I would think they considered that and made the swivel a forced yes if you selected the Gx?

Link to comment

It is an option that if missed or not checked won't be standard. When building a boat, the boat builder might default to the GX build options, but I did not get that impression when I was sitting there making mine. I ran into an issue of not being able to order just a single set of Rev-10s, the boat builder accepted the option, but Malibu kicked it back when it got to them.

Link to comment
13 hours ago, 23LSVOwner said:

I would think they considered that and made the swivel a forced yes if you selected the Gx?

yes if you click the gx box it will automatically click the box for slide and swivel. And yes always swivel first before folding tower. We have already had one customer tear a skin when he forgot one time.

Link to comment
  • 2 years later...

Alright. I have a 2020 GX Tower. I properly folded the tower down, adjusted the bimini, and it sits slightly above the windshield. There is no way my cover fits over everything. it is so far off from covering the rub rails below the tower points. Could there be a different bimini for the GX and I got the wrong one with my order? 

Link to comment
On 7/1/2021 at 11:47 PM, timmypop said:

Alright. I have a 2020 GX Tower. I properly folded the tower down, adjusted the bimini, and it sits slightly above the windshield. There is no way my cover fits over everything. it is so far off from covering the rub rails below the tower points. Could there be a different bimini for the GX and I got the wrong one with my order? 

There is only one Bimini available for the GX. On your window sticker it’s called the CS Bimini Top - Gen III Surf. The Gen II is for the G3 and G5 towers. You can’t accidentally order the Gen II for the GX tower. 

So we know that the Bimini isn’t your problem. Have you tried taking your racks off?

Ill be honest with you, I had the same cover on my 2020 25 LSV with GX and the same cover, and I hated that cover. Same issue, It was tough to get the cover over the rub rail. 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...