Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Does the Skylon Swoop tower or Illusion fold down lower

peter19u

Hi:

Can anyone tell me if the Skylon Swoop tower or the Illusion tower on an VLX folds down lower? Height issues are a concern due to my garage so I need all the help I can get.

Thx, Pete

I believe the Illusion will fold lower. The Skylon's "tips" (where the bolts go through) are fairly high once the tower is laid all the way down. However, IIRC, there is an older model Skylon tower that actually has two breaking points to combat this problem.

Guess I'm missing something Pete - why not have the seller measure the highest point of these boats with the tower folded? and have the measure the length of the boat? As mentioned numerous times, there's lots of variables that could make one 04 VLX fit (low profile trailer, super short swing tongue, legs on the swoop break down, etc) yet another will not (not low enough profile trailer, swing tongue that still sticks out 18" in front of the boat, etc).

Guess I'm missing something Pete - why not have the seller measure the highest point of these boats with the tower folded? and have the measure the length of the boat? As mentioned numerous times, there's lots of variables that could make one 04 VLX fit (low profile trailer, super short swing tongue, legs on the swoop break down, etc) yet another will not (not low enough profile trailer, swing tongue that still sticks out 18" in front of the boat, etc).

Tha't's actually what I am going to do. I just want to get some ideas before I proceed.