Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lookin' good so far!!

vlxjeff

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WakeGirl

• Malibudude

• WakeAndSno

• vlxjeff

Welcome to everyone!! Looks like people are flowing in by the masses! WE are glad to have you all here!!

This version of IPB is really sweet. They've made the administrative side and basic modifications very easy to accomplish... as an admin, I've got to say I love it and we couldn't have chosen a better product to run our new community!

Again, welcome to everyone who's made it here!

JZ

The look and feel of this site reminds me of the OLD, OLD MBO. Before any of the changes. Call it nostalgia, but I really perfer this layout.

The other thing that I really like about this board is how easy it is to quote multiple people at once!

Do tell. I've never been able to do that.

It's pretty simple really, just click the quote button on each of the posts you want to add to your reply. Then click the add reply button at the bottom of the post screen and your all hooked up.

One other thing I should add the quote button will turn red and the plus sign will change to a minus sign. Oh and the add reply at the top of the screen will work as well. Fast Reply will not quote however.

The look and feel of this site reminds me of the OLD, OLD MBO. Before any of the changes. Call it nostalgia, but I really perfer this layout.

One other thing I should add the quote button will turn red and the plus sign will change to a minus sign. Oh and the add reply at the top of the screen will work as well. Fast Reply will not quote however.

Ahhh... That's pretty cool!!! :lol:

I better check...you don't think TowelBabe stayed with wakeside, do you? Ruta better not be using her as his avatar.

how 'bout whoever makes the 2500th post wins a towel? :unsure:

No towels lined up yet, but we could do a t-shirt? 

Mad.gif Tracie, it's not about the towel. It's about Hank's need to rig the contest and win. I went so far as to beat him at his own game--and have diddly to show for it. So not only did I not get the prize, I also lowered myself to his level for no benefit. He wins AGAIN. It's a vicious cycle that only can be broken by the one thing I have been unwilling to do. . . Throwpc.gif

Don't do it Jack. I had to buy a new laptop to replace the one I threw a few years ago around tax time.

But I got me a Dell this time a round. :)

You have much to learn my young padawan. ;) I have control this time & I can set it up to where the banker can't rig it. How's that? I think that it should be at least 3000 though, we're going to hit 2500 in no time. Heck, I might make 5k & 10k, at the rate we're going, neither of those will take long to reach, especially when TR shows up.

it's been a year since I won, yes won fair and square, my towel, but apparently Jack is still suffering from towel envy, and now has chosen to infect TMC with his petty jealousy. Just because he chose to watch TLCs "What Not to Wear" that fateful Friday night while I was diligently battling Steve and the ever lurking TR for the 100,000th post, all the while trying not to burn what I had on the grill, well, it was nothing short of brilliant gamesmanship and frankly belongs in the now forever sealed MBO Hall of Fame (along with my lava lamp HDS pictures that I now realize Jason actually pilfered)...lamely registering your wife as the 5,000th member without setting up the parameters of the contest first, well, that's no better than TR masquerading as Masa. What if he/she/it had happened to be the 5,000th? It would have been the biggest scandal in MBO history. Hopefully the membership committee of TMC will screen membership applications a bit closer.

BTW, when we do a towel, let's do them better than the MBO version...I was a bit disappointed in the quality and durability of the silkscreened design.

WakeGirl or Admin Team,

What to do about posting an image?

Did I see a post with multiple images in the same post somewhere?

Is there an image managing upload feature under ADDREPLY? :)

Hi Jesse,

If you read the post in this link, it should explain the member levels & permissions asscociated with each.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26

The quick & dirty explanation is that I've tried very hard to balance offering basic membership with having the ones that use the most bandwidth to help offset the costs that that involves. Hence the different membership levels.

it's been a year since I won, yes won fair and square, my towel, but apparently Jack is still suffering from towel envy, and now has chosen to infect TMC with his petty jealousy.  Just because he chose to watch TLCs "What Not to Wear" that fateful Friday night while I was diligently battling Steve and the ever lurking TR for the 100,000th post, all the while trying not to burn what I had on the grill, well, it was nothing short of brilliant gamesmanship and frankly belongs in the now forever sealed MBO Hall of Fame (along with my lava lamp HDS pictures that I now realize Jason actually pilfered)...lamely registering your wife as the 5,000th member without setting up the parameters of the contest first, well, that's no better than TR masquerading as Masa.  What if he/she/it had happened to be the 5,000th? It would have been the biggest scandal in MBO history.  Hopefully the membership committee of TMC will screen membership applications a bit closer.

BTW, when we do a towel, let's do them better than the MBO version...I was a bit disappointed in the quality and durability of the silkscreened design.

Hank's back!! Yahoo.gif And in fine form, I might add. Biggrin.gif

Hi Jesse,

If you read the post in this link, it should explain the member levels & permissions asscociated with each.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26

The quick & dirty explanation is that I've tried very hard to balance offering basic membership with having the ones that use the most bandwidth to help offset the costs that that involves.  Hence the different membership levels.

Sorry

As you can tell I am not one of those guys who reads the instruction when I get new toys. :blush:

Welcome.gifWelcome.gifWelcome.gifWelcome.gifWelcome.gifWelcome.gif

To everyone here!! We'll try recongize you all as you get here but it looks like it might be a big job trying to keep up with the arrivals.

Rockon.gif

I came over too! Nice looking site!!