Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Where’s the ceiling ?

Bawshogg

2 minutes ago, Bawshogg said:

The best part of that is the “assumption” factor...

I NEVER stated I was fed up with prices , nor did I mention any specific manufacturer as a potential cause . I just wanted to open dialogue as to what YOU believe the cieling for pricing is and where that will be ...That’s it .

If I had no history .... I probably wouldn’t think much of it , but it’s VERY interesting how you hear the complaints year after year but we all keep voting with our wallets and reaffirming the cost increases as valid . Is there really 100k more in these boats since 2012??? 

@Stevo as usual had to take the pop shot about a photo taken by my boss... and yes that’s exactly what was said when the shot  was taken ... That truck had a sticker of 90k dollars ...plus tax ... So yes ...”If money ain’t a thang”... why not spend 160k on a one-off boat and 90k on a loaded to the gills F-450 Platinum. 

You assume you know what I paid for the boat , you assume the truck is mine , you assume I’m a 1%er @granddaddy55... ya’ll couldn’t be more wrong . I don’t even own a boat currently , mostly because resale on the newer Centurions is horrible ...😂 That’s another assumption straight this group. Obviously your mamma never told you what happens when you ASSume.

Rock on Internet cowboys . Place sure ain’t what it was .

I’m not assuming anything here , Im just calling it how I see it, and I just observed what I thought was irony in the fact that you posted that picture/comment ( no where was it qualified anywhere that it was wasn’t yours, or that your boss took the pic BTW) and the thread topic.

you can call it a “pop shot” if you want but I’ll call it a douchey post. 

• Like 2

The best part of that is the “assumption” factor...

I NEVER stated I was fed up with prices , nor did I mention any specific manufacturer as a potential cause . I just wanted to open dialogue as to what YOU believe the cieling for pricing is and where that will be ...That’s it .

If I had no history .... I probably wouldn’t think much of it , but it’s VERY interesting how you hear the complaints year after year but we all keep voting with our wallets and reaffirming the cost increases as valid . Is there really 100k more in these boats since 2012??? 

@Stevo as usual had to take the pop shot about a photo taken by my boss... and yes that’s exactly what was said when the shot  was taken ... That truck had a sticker of 90k dollars ...plus tax ... So yes ...”If money ain’t a thang”... why not spend 160k on a one-off boat and 90k on a loaded to the gills F-450 Platinum. 

You assume you know what I paid for the boat , you assume the truck is mine , you assume I’m a 1%er @granddaddy55... ya’ll couldn’t be more wrong . I don’t even own a boat currently , mostly because resale on the newer Centurions is horrible ...😂 That’s another assumption straight this group. Obviously your mamma never told you what happens when you ASSume.

Rock on Internet cowboys . Place sure ain’t what it was .

That’s just how I read it... but for your question, is there really 100K more in a 2019 than 2012, msrp? If you start considering everything that has changed in let’s just use a 2012 23 LSV to a 2019, yes I can believe it. Three hull changes, two engine suppliers - soon to be 3, 3 power wedges, 2 dashes, a few tower interactions, interior designs, and hundred of other minor option difference from colors to power seats? Yes that would add up to 100k msrp real fast. These are low volume products in the manufacturing world so the R&D and piece prices are high. 

Are prices high? Yeah, but I know multiple people that boat a second malibu like a 23 LSV when they compared it to a new pontoon. The price is basically equal or higher on pontoons. Money much better spent on a 23 LSV and you can still “pontoon” with it. 

A douchy post on insta or here ? Cause I didn’t bring that here ... you did , and obviously YOU are following ME there to  have nabbed that photo... you can very easily “unfollow” me so you don’t have to see such douchbaggery.

Sorry for partying ☹️.. you’re  about the king of douchy posts. You’ve kinda made a career out of it here . Kettle black much?

3 minutes ago, Stevo said:

I’ll just keep my business  in my yard and you can keep trying to play both sides of the fence

Lol, what fence are you referring to?

Theres nothing to play . I already won.

Lol, what fence are you referring to?

Theres nothing to play . I already won.

Haha won... you the only one playing yourself.

money aint no thang for a blue collar guy borrowing trucks and financing boats for 4 months a year, 

keep ballin on your blue collar budget playa, 

peace

• Like 1

I will ! 

You keep running the unwelcome wagon, YOU are doing a great job 👍🏾

Pretty funny how a ”financially responsible” thread comes up and now I’m “playing myself “ ... cause I’m not making payments all year long and I don’t BS about something NOT being mine.

A website does not intimidate me .... especially one that I have been a part of for 13 years... but it sure has a different feel than it once did . Probably one of a few reasons I don’t interact much anymore.

You want to talk irony? Pretty sure this site has a post of pic of your everything thread so people can show off their crap. Weather it’s boats, cars , trucks, toys even kids. Jeez 

• Like 3

I swear people are getting softer.  Back in the day Usenet and the  precursor sitre like BTB used to get into wizzers like you would not beleive!  Everyone from Snook to Big Dog Alkema would be  giving as good as they got.  Now?  Pfft!

29 minutes ago, wheelman said:

You want to talk irony? Pretty sure this site has a post of pic of your everything thread so people can show off their crap. Weather it’s boats, cars , trucks, toys even kids. Jeez 

Sorry but sharing some cool things that we bought in a thread intended for it every so often isn’t the same as when you are scrolling through here or IG and see a platinum super duty and RI257 with the tag line “When 💵 ain’t no thang...”. Inside joke or setup picture or not that can be considered very arrogant. But hey keep showing up to bash TMC and Malibu at whatever chance you get. 

Oh and, weatherwhether

3 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Sorry but sharing some cool things that we bought in a thread intended for it every so often isn’t the same as when you are scrolling through here or IG and see a platinum super duty and RI257 with the tag line “When 💵 ain’t no thang...”. Inside joke or setup picture or not that can be considered very arrogant. But hey keep showing up to bash TMC and Malibu at whatever chance you get. 

Oh and, weatherwhether

Spot on.  

And to the original question, as a guy that works in the fiberglass industry, the boat manufacturers prices are (and have been) going up on one of the main raw materials that is used to create our lovely vessels.  

14 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Oh and, weatherwhether

Lol... I’ll make sure and keep my IG ... that’s PRIVATE ...politically correct for you sensitive Malibu guys . Better yet PLEASE unfollow me if you thats the stance you take with a photo like that . Sorry, I thought it was a pretty fresh setup and if I DID have the cake I would rock if . 

To Be frank.. YOU can eat a Richard for all I care .

I don’t come here to bash Malibu , nor was that was this post about , no mention of brand affiliation or manufacturer made and such ... YOU guys and YOUR clique brought that into this thread . 

Guess I shoulda just rolled with the 1% comments , you’d never know what’s real or what’s not .... from an IG photo . But that’s not me . Credit were credit is due , and the Truck was mine for only few weeks and belonged to my employer ... Sorry again for the honesty...

This place has historically been a “friendly“ place to just about everyone .. regardless of what you own . Sure doesn’t seem much that way anymore . Unfortunate , but not surprising . I’ve supported this site throughout the years even though I’m not an “owner”  per say anymore .. cant see any real reason to support this nonsense . Can’t even open honest discussion about pricing across the board without putting someone on blast. RE-TARD-ED. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

And to the original question, as a guy that works in the fiberglass industry, the boat manufacturers prices are (and have been) going up on one of the main raw materials that is used to create our lovely vessels.  

Really?  When oil was $147/bbl what were prices?  And now at 70?  And exactly how much dino juice is used in a boat??

11 minutes ago, Bawshogg said:

Lol... I’ll make sure and keep my IG ... that’s PRIVATE ...politically correct for you sensitive Malibu guys . Better yet PLEASE unfollow me if you thats the stance you take with a photo like that . Sorry, I thought it was a pretty fresh setup and if I DID have the cake I would rock if . 

To Be frank.. YOU can eat a Richard for all I care .

I don’t come here to bash Malibu , nor was that was this post about , no mention of brand affiliation or manufacturer made and such ... YOU guys and YOUR clique brought that into this thread . 

Guess I shoulda just rolled with the 1% comments , you’d never know what’s real or what’s not .... from an IG photo . But that’s not me . Credit were credit is due , and the Truck was mine for only few weeks and belonged to my employer ... Sorry again for the honesty...

This place has historically been a “friendly“ place to just about everyone .. regardless of what you own . Sure doesn’t seem much that way anymore . Unfortunate , but not surprising . I’ve supported this site throughout the years even though I’m not an “owner”  per say anymore .. cant see any real reason to support this nonsense . Can’t even open honest discussion about pricing across the board without putting someone on blast. RE-TARD-ED. 

Alrighty then. I’m not the least bit offended, in fact I got s chuckle out of it just because I thought it was ironic, maybe I read too deeply into your price increasing post, maybe not.. yes I think that IG post was arrogant. If that makes me sensitive in your opinion then ok. I wasn’t bashing you for having that setup nor did I ever say you were here trying to bash malibu or TMC... I’d love a super duty, it just wasn’t in the cards when I was truck shopping last - financially responsible decision... and I really like my good friends Ri he got this year :shocked:. Plus, I actually answered your questioned in a well thought out post, or so I thought and now you have resorted to childish name calling over a post or two that you don’t like. And my clique?? No personal connection to anyone who has posted in this thread, but ok...maybe this site is too intimidating because if you disagree or question someone or their post, three posts later your are reading a post like yours. Good work! :thumbup:

Edited by ahopkinsVTX
39 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Oh and, weatherwhether

Now you are just plain making things up and sounding stupid. I challenge you to find a thread where I have bashed tmc, you  will actually find quite the opposite and find some threads with me  saying tmc is the best boat forum on the internet and lots of the best guys on the site, that I actually have never even met. As for bashing Malibu, again I challenge you. 

Thanks for the grammar lesson by the way, guess I’m just another blue collar uneducated bum , you want my instagram address so you can check out all the things I own? Or don’t own? Lol 

I hate it when threads get off topic. 

That being said I totally agree that the crash or ceiling or whatever will be the next recession.  It might be horrendous.  I have no idea.  But I do know that there will be a lot of people under water with these loans. 

I could probably pull off a new rig but fear keeps me out of a boat over 100k.  My last boat was a 2014 G21 with low hours.  Looked sweet, surfed well and cost me 80k out the door.  With tax.  Did 99% of what every other boat I have owned has done. These jokers have totally priced me out of the new boat market.  I'm hunting for deals that I wont lose my arse on if poo poo hits the fan 

Edited by bamaboy