Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
Malibuckeye

Interior Speakers Cutting out

Malibuckeye

So a couple of times now I've had all speakers other than the towers cut out.  When I look at the amps one has the malibu logo flashing red, which I'm guessing is a sign it's in some kind of protect mode or something.  Each time a shut down and restart of the stereo seems to fix it.  

What should I be looking for?  

COOP

If you power cycle do they come back on? Also, count the flashes. The sequence will be an amp diagnostic code.

bbattiste247

My 2017 23 LSV did that at first all the time. I had my dealer look at it and it still did it, but once I put the auto volume on it could handle the power. Try putting the bar to the left about half way up or even more. I love this option; it gives my stereo more punch too. It is the one that turns the volume up and down as you throttle and whenever I get in other boats, it annoys me if the music volume doesn't go down when the driver powers down. I use the auto volume all the time now and my interior speakers only shut off once in a while. But try turning up the auto volume and it should solve this problem and give your stereo more punch too.

Malibuckeye
23 hours ago, COOP said:

If you power cycle do they come back on? Also, count the flashes. The sequence will be an amp diagnostic code.

Yes it seems to come back after a restart.  I've crawled around and checked both the amp side and the batteries and everything seems tightly connected.  Going to have the dealer check it out when I give it to them for winter storage.  

Is there some reference somewhere on these amps that would indicate what the flashes mean?  Who manufactures them for Malibu?

dalt1

My 18 LSV did that all weekend Labor day weekend but last weekend never cut out one time. Mine would be out every time we turned engine off then restarted it.  Had to power down stereo then power back up. worked every time.