Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
roonedoggie

2017 Malibu Factory Cabin Harness Adapter Exile Audio

tjklein

Nope.  Cool though.  I had to hardwire mine last spring.  

Simple process, but for $150 I would have bought this I think.

teamerickson

Doesn’t it just go to the black box?

NWBU

I had this for my Exile amp and tower speakers on my '18. Worked great and I'd recommend it.

Pnwrider

I have it in my boat. You use it to connect after market amps (with rca’s) to the black box (proprietary plug). 

roonedoggie

If I just got the basic system with interior speakers can I run a sub and tower through even if i did not have on originally?

NWBU

Yes, that what @Pnwrider, @IXFE and I all did this year, along with others I’m forgetting.

Here’s the DIY thread for the install. 

Edited by NWBU

IXFE

What’s that hiding behind those boxes???

🤷🏻‍♂️

roonedoggie

I am sure this has been asked, can you get the Malibu Face Plate that covers the sub?

roonedoggie

On last dumb question.... so when you go this route and  you add the adaptor, install tower speakers and sub... is that all controllable by the malibu Radio/Electronics?  Also My take is the you can add and EQ inline?  My opinion the EQ just make the system so much cleaner and based on your DIY this is great because I did not want to go headless unit and lose all the functionality you get with the Malibu controls.  Thanks again for the post.

Pnwrider
1 hour ago, roonedoggie said:

On last dumb question.... so when you go this route and  you add the adaptor, install tower speakers and sub... is that all controllable by the malibu Radio/Electronics?  Also My take is the you can add and EQ inline?  My opinion the EQ just make the system so much cleaner and based on your DIY this is great because I did not want to go headless unit and lose all the functionality you get with the Malibu controls.  Thanks again for the post.

Yes, maintain full stereo control on the 7” screen and sport knob. 

roonedoggie

the malibu has 2 outputs that I will put the "dongles" on.. One is for the cabin and subwoofer and the other is for the tower.  On the Exile EQ you have an input from the main system then you have the 3 outputs (tower, cabin and subwoofer. Since Malibu separates the outputs from the black box, Which output from Malibu blackbox should I run to the Exile EQ as the main input and do I lose anything?  For example if I run the cabin/subwoofer will that not cover the tower?

Edited by roonedoggie