Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
crod

2018 24 MXZ PNP Ballast

crod

Selling a 2015 X46 and may be pulling the trigger on a 2018 24 MXZ and have read and heard a lot about the PNP option that’s available.  2 questions:

1.  What’s the most weight you can put in the lockers in addition to the hard tanks.  Don’t want any bags out and want to maximize the PNP.

2.  Is the surf wave going to be comparable or better than a 2018 25 LSV?  My buddy has one and it’s really good but I believe it has a different hull than the MxZ??

Appreciate the feedback!

IXFE
9 minutes ago, crod said:

Selling a 2015 X46 and may be pulling the trigger on a 2018 24 MXZ and have read and heard a lot about the PNP option that’s available.  2 questions:

1.  What’s the most weight you can put in the lockers in addition to the hard tanks.  Don’t want any bags out and want to maximize the PNP.

2.  Is the surf wave going to be comparable or better than a 2018 25 LSV?  My buddy has one and it’s really good but I believe it has a different hull than the MxZ??

Appreciate the feedback!

With the new, larger capacity “saddlebag” hard tanks in the rear, 550’s are about the max. 

Wave is MONEY on both of these boats. The hulls really aren’t that different. 

Chappy
18 hours ago, crod said:

Appreciate the feedback!

Fat Sac has a 650 option PNP, which is what I am going with on my 2019 24 MXZ. More is better right?

http://www.fatsac.com/custom-sacs.php

NWBU
29 minutes ago, Chappy said:

Fat Sac has a 650 option PNP, which is what I am going with on my 2019 24 MXZ. More is better right?

http://www.fatsac.com/custom-sacs.php

More can be better but as you add more in the rear lockers you’ll also have to add bow weight to compensate for the extra weight and get the bow down. Which is fine, since the wave should be bigger with the extra displacement but it’s a trade off that causes folks to get on here and complain about not being able to plane out their >100k boat.