Jump to content

 

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Steve B.

Oil pressure sending unit block fitting

Recommended Posts

Steve B.

02, 325 monsoon. Changed the fuel pump and oil.  Must have bumped the oil pressure unit good. On startup, oil came flying out at oil unit. Tried to unscrew it and the short extension from block broke off. Part of the extension still in block fitting. Looks like a compression fitting to 5/8 not.

Thanks for any help,

Steve B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oldjeep

Get yourself an easy out and take it slow.  Those fittings are brass, and very soft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Steve B.

It broke solo easy. Thanks oldjeep.

Steve B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bozboat
4 minutes ago, Steve B. said:

It broke solo easy. Thanks oldjeep.

Steve B.

That little mounting post is definitely easy to break off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Steve B.

That's what I did. I have a Malibu dealer up the street. Between them and home depot, hope I can find the parts quickly.

Steve B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbullard

Same thing happened to me. Thankfully there is a brass adapter in the block so you can unscrew the adapter with the correct socket and then just replace the adapter and pipe nipple and tee with new brass fittings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Steve B.
1 minute ago, tbullard said:

Same thing happened to me. Thankfully there is a brass adapter in the block so you can unscrew the adapter with the correct socket and then just replace the adapter and pipe nipple and tee with new brass fittings.

Think home depot would be a good source for those parts ? Those are exactly what I need. 

Steve B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cazan
36 minutes ago, Steve B. said:

Think home depot would be a good source for those parts ? Those are exactly what I need. 

Steve B.

They might if not in Hardware area check where the pressure washers are at my Lowes they have a good selection.  When it comes I stuff like that I tend to have better luck at my local Ace or do it best they seem to have better hardware and fitting.  NAPA too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbullard

I am sure they have the parts but if you go somewhere like ACE as I did you can just hand the old stuff to the guy in the plumbing dept and say I need new ones of these in brass. If the right person is working at the time you go to Home Depot then you may get some help otherwise your going to be searching bins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ballay

I had same issue in a Larson with the 5.0. I found the npt fittings at the auto part store. I added an extra output for a direct read oil gauge. I did use some thread lock so I would have a leak. Good luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MadMan

There are no compression fittings, all pipe thread.

Also, as mentioned many times before in past threads, don't use Teflon tape on any of the fittings.  The sender requires an electrical ground back to the engine block and the tape can isolate it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Steve B.
1 hour ago, MadMan said:

There are no compression fittings, all pipe thread.

Also, as mentioned many times before in past threads, don't use Teflon tape on any of the fittings.  The sender requires an electrical ground back to the engine block and the tape can isolate it.

I would have done just that. Thank you. Just saved me.

Steve B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Steve B.

Issue solved. Thanks all !  Home depot had all the parts. All standard. Didn't use any Teflon tape, etc. Fit felt so good. Will keep my eyes on it. 

Steve B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bozboat
4 minutes ago, Steve B. said:

Issue solved. Thanks all !  Home depot had all the parts. All standard. Didn't use any Teflon tape, etc. Fit felt so good. Will keep my eyes on it. 

Steve B.

Any chance you could post a photo of your Home Depot score?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
John I.

Not to get this thread too far off the tracks, but what fuel pump did you go with? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Steve B.
55 minutes ago, Bozboat said:

Any chance you could post a photo of your Home Depot score?

Ya, I can post some tomorrow from imgur.

Steve B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Steve B.
50 minutes ago, John I. said:

Not to get this thread too far off the tracks, but what fuel pump did you go with? 

I went with the marinepartsguys. I'll post a link when I'm in from bbq. It was 400 bucks. Easy install.

Steve B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×